OnQ Product Line

wryork

Does anyone have experience / recommendations with respect to OnQ Legrand for video and audio home distribution? I'm working with my electrician on my new home construction and he is recommending I talk with his dealer as he has worked with them in the past to provide basic whole house audio. But my requirements will be more than basic home audio. As a newbie to this site and a/v, I hope I didn't open a can of worms on products that everyone hates :)

Thanks for any/all advice.
Bill

wryork said:
Does anyone have experience / recommendations with respect to OnQ Legrand for video and audio home distribution? I'm working with my electrician on my new home construction and he is recommending I talk with his dealer as he has worked with them in the past to provide basic whole house audio. But my requirements will be more than basic home audio. As a newbie to this site and a/v, I hope I didn't open a can of worms on products that everyone hates :)

Thanks for any/all advice.
Bill
Bill,

I've used OnQ SW system for a couple of projects and to tell you the truth, I prefer Leviton or Channel Vision products. That's not to say OnQ is bad, but I think the other companies have some better products in the RF, data, and voice distubution areas. As to OnQ's whole house audio, I'm pretty sure all they offer in that area is a A-bus type system. It is the very basic audio distrubtion (all A-bus systems are). If you are looking for any type of control from a HA system, you might want to look at some of the other products from Russound, Nuvo, Xantech, etc.

Hope that helps,
--Jamie

Thanks for the comments Jamie. I was planning to compare some of the Leviton products and will look at Channel Vision as you recommended. Definitely HA is something I will look into as I get into the house and start identifying opportunities to apply. Thanks for these reference points as well.

Bill

Back