OP II X10 Interface

je1058

This may be a silly question, BUT... I'm on my 3rd OP install, the first two being OP and this one an OP II... I don't recall ever having issues with X10 on the first two, but for some reason I have some very basic questions that I can't seem to find the answers for in the install guide:

1. Which of the three RJ45-style serial ports on the OP II board does the PSC05 plug into? I'm using a PSC05 two-way X10 transmitter/receiver and the red LED is on, but when I send X10, it doesn't flash or do anything. I've tried all three of the serial ports. (this particular board only has 3 ports to the left, a gap where two more would be on the newer boards and then the RJ45 to the right for Cat5, networking.

2. What is the House Code Format? I'm using PC Access 3 (must better than the old "floppy disk" version!!). I'm not sure what the difference between "Standard" and "Extended" is either. I read that it defaults to HLC, but is that the same protocol/format as X10?

3. I'm using a Smarthome 4819 X10 Testerlinc and I "see" when transmitting via another X10 transmitter, but don't "see" anything coming from this board.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

The X10 port is to the right of the Ethernet port and if you look closely, it should say X10 on the board. Standard versus Extended depends on whose X10 devices you are using.

Back