OPII + ViziaRF/Zwave Dimmer Initial Configuration Issues

kblagg

I finally decided to dive into lighting for my OPII.  I installed a couple of the VRMX-1LZ and enrolled them with the Leviton USB Installer stick.  Then I updated the VRC0P and even did the RS232 Setup.

I have the jumper set to RS232 and the VRC0P plugged into AC power and the serial connection goes to Port 2.  In PC Access, I have Port 2 configured for Z-Wave.  Under Units I have the Foyer Light configured as Number 1 and House Code Format is Vizia RF Z-Wave and Node is 4.  Same thing for Garage Light but Node is 5.

I'm able to control the lights via the Vizia RF+ Installer Tool but not via OPII.  When I try to turn the lights/units On/Off via PC Access, nothing happens.

What am I missing?  Let me know if you need any additional info.  I'm on the latest firmware.

I don't have an OPII, so I'm not sure of the exact setups relating to that, but did you update your secondary controller (VRC0P) after you added your devices (e.g. Foyer Light)?

drvnbysound said:
I don't have an OPII, so I'm not sure of the exact setups relating to that, but did you update your secondary controller (VRC0P) after you added your devices (e.g. Foyer Light)?

Yes, I did.  I right clicked on it and selected 'Update Controller'

In PCA does your address/node ID match your Z-Wave node ID number?

Here used to just utilize the Leviton Remote which was the primary to the VRCOP which is the secondary.

You have to get an ACK from the VRCOP that it got the ZWave stuff from whatever primary controller you are using before you can utilize it with the OP2 panel.

You have to manually configure the Z-Wave nodes in PCA.

The above said I have replicated my Homeseer Z-Wave network to the VRCOP. two ways now.  One via the Leviton Remote that got the network from the Z-Wave GPIO card and the other directly from the Z-Wave GPIO card to the VRCOP. 

Have a look at this document. 

It is a bit different and relates to using the Leviton Vizia RF+ remote control device. 

View attachment UTF-8'en-us'HABH0624081_VRFP_SystemGuide.pdf

The OP2 serial ports jumpers are default set to RS-232.

You can reset the VRCOP if you want.

Factory Default:
If your module is not responding, or you are  unable to control it after you have tried to Include/ Exclude it multiple times, it may be necessary to reset the module to its original factory settings. To accomplish this, proceed as follows:

Press and hold the programming button until the LED turns Amber and then turns Red.
Release the button and wait until the LED starts blinking Green.

Note:
This can take up to a minute. The module is now reset. Once the module is reset, it will be necessary to Re-Include it to a network before it can be used

Caution:
SETTING A DEVICE TO A FACTORY DEFAULT DOES NOT EXCLUDE THAT DEVICE FROM A NETWORK. THE EXCLUSION PROCEDURE MUST STILL BE FOLLOWED TO REMOVE THE DEVICE FROM THE PRIMARY REMOTE’S INFORMATION TABLE. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN SYSTEM THAT IS SLOW TO RESPOND, OR MAY FAIL TO RESPOND TO SOME DEVICES.

VRCOP manual

I finally ended up just starting over and un-enrolled everything and then re-enrolled it.  Now things are working right.  However, as a result I now can't get the Telguard GDC1 to learn.  It's like it's stuck on the "old" network.  Any thoughts on how to reset it?  I've tried taking the cover off and manually pressing the learn button but it still won't recognize it.

The Telguard looks interesting...  I'd like to hear how you like it if you get it working.

Did you exclude it when you unlearned the rest of the network?  Their instructions are a little limited in regard to resetting the device.

I would try holding the learn button in increasing lengths of time (5 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec.) to see if it resets.  Or call or email them and ask them if they have a reset procedure.  It doesn't seem to be in the manual.

Where did you purchase it?  Is it available in the USA?

I ended up returning it mainly since I think it was defective.  At first I had major issues getting it to pair into my network.  Once I got it to pair, it worked fine for a day or so then all of a sudden it would randomly open after closing.  It's almost like it didn't detect that the door had actually been closed.  The other issue that I had was that it would never program as part of the RS232 setup in the software.

I bought it from Amazon from JMAC Supply.  I would not recommend buying from them.  I had to get Amazon involved to get a refund since after a week of them receiving my return.  Amazon finally forced a refund through for me after no response from the vendor.

I'll likely give it a try again at some point in the future.  I think my issues were due to a defective unit.  One recommendation that I would have is to get it fully configured/paired before installing it.  Otherwise, you'll be going up and down a ladder more than you care to.

I've dealt with JMAC supply, while slow to respond, they've been ok for parts eventually.  I haven't tried to return anything though...

Back