OmniPro II Ethernet Issue

Steve

Hi Guys,

I used to be pretty active here but I've been gone for many years now. MY OPII has been chugging along happily for years but recently some automation stopped working. When I went to connect w/ PC Access to look at or reload the automations I could not connect. I tried everything via the network and just tried connecting direct via a crossover cable with no love. The 2 LEDs on main board illuminate, left steady and right blinks but I cannot see the port - no ping even from laptop direct to OPII. I've read a bunch of threads here, tried the disconnected battery and shutdown for a while, etc. I'm guessing even though the LEDs illuminate there must be some kind of hardware failure.

Anyone have any other ideas I can try or do I just need to admit hardware failure and start rethinking a new system?

Sounds like a hardware failure to me.

More than likely you can back up your configuration via a serial connection and look for a used OP2.

Sounds like a hardware failure to me.

More than likely you can back up your configuration via a serial connection and look for a used OP2.
Thanks Pete. That's what I was afraid of. I do have a backup of everything in PC Access.

Hey;
Are you able to connect to it via a serial connection? Can you change the IP of the board via the serial connection, is the port flagged in your router as a static port and not "free IP" for your DHCP to use? My router did that with a few of my 5.7e displays.
Thanks,
Nick

That's a good idea, but he did say he connected direct via a crossover cable. Maybe also do a quick ping test while connected like that to ensure IP's and subnets of the system matched with the computer (assuming the computer had a hard IP setting while connected via the crossover cable).

Back