OPII will not connect via network

PaulD

My OPII has been working fine for over a year but it suddenly will not talk to my network. It still works just fine otherwise. I checked the IP address via the console and everything still looks OK. Red LED's on main board appear to indicate everything is OK. I have swapped out LAN cables and that did not help either. About the only thing I have not done is to totally power the OPII down and see if the restart corrects the problem.
Anyone have any suggestions on something I may be overlooking?

As a side note, this happend while I was out of town. We had storms in the area and something caused one of my UPS units to start screaming like it does when the battery is dieing. My wife cycled the power on the UPS and it resumed service OK. The OPII is not plugged into the UPS. My wife did not report any indications of a power surge and no other device in my house indicates any issue. I do not know if we experienced a power surge or not but it is possible. However, if we did have a power surge event, I would expect the OPII to be experienceing more issue than just this one.

I'm no expert with the OPII.

Can you talk to your OPII via a serial connection? If so cold boot it; upload your last config via a serial connection and see if you can ping the IP address.

Issue resolved. I had to power everything down and then power back up. Don't know what caused to problem but the power cycle fixed it.

Back