Payment for items sold

mdonovan

Hi all -

I'm not sure this belongs here, but I'm not sure where else to put it either. I have a bunch of Insteon stuff I want to sell, but I was wondering how do you handle payment when you sell to someone on the internet you don't know and never met?

I am concerned about bad checks, that sort of thing.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer

Matt

I think there are also shops who will put things on ebay for you (local shops, look in the local papers/etc). I've never used them, and I am sure they take a cut of the profits, but if you don't want to worry about it much this might be something to look into. I would expect they take care of this as well (probably with paypal).

Thanks for the replies (except for IVB ;) ) I think the money order or certified check is the way to go for me. This is probably the only thing I will sell this way.

I'm counting everything I have, and I want to see about shipping, then I will post in the for sale forum. Basically I have around 40 dimmers, some icon switches, and some insteon switches, and the signallincs, console, and PLC.

Thanks again for the assistance. As I'm sure you already realized I haven't done much internet selling. ;)

Matt

Back