power outage

v1rtu0s1ty

I have an ELK M1. How do we send a notification to ourselves when there is a power outage?

Thanks,

Neil

Write an email rule triggered by the power fail trouble, assuming you have an XEP to do email.

Write an email rule triggered by the power fail trouble, assuming you have an XEP to do email.

Oh, I don't have an XEP module. What about telling ELK to use my landline to contact my cellphone and then M1 will say "power failure"? Is that possible?

Thanks!

if i recall, there is an AC power failure notification option. I have the Elk tell NextAlarm when there is a power failure, and NextAlarm sends me an email. Happened this weekend, as a matter of fact.

Oh, I don't have an XEP module. What about telling ELK to use my landline to contact my cellphone and then M1 will say "power failure"? Is that possible?

Thanks!

Yes, you can do this. You have to have your cell phone set-up under the "Telephones" menu and use reporting format type 5 for voice. Then write a rule as Wayne said to dial that number and speak the voice message you want.

If you have Next Alarm, you can have a text or voice notification also. Make sure you are sending CID codes in the communicator for Power Failure and restore.

Scott

Edit: I see Delicious beat me to the Next Alarm part. :)

Yes, you can do this. You have to have your cell phone set-up under the "Telephones" menu and use reporting format type 5 for voice. Then write a rule as Wayne said to dial that number and speak the voice message you want.

If you have Next Alarm, you can have a text or voice notification also. Make sure you are sending CID codes in the communicator for Power Failure and restore.

Scott

Edit: I see Delicious beat me to the Next Alarm part. :)

I will do it now! :D

You are awesome guys!!!

I have another question. What should I configure in my M1 so that NextAlarm gets notified and they will just log it? So with this, I will be able to see it on our nextalarm.com history log.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I was looking at my Communicator under System RCs. I see AC fail but pulse is 00. Is that the one I should modify to 01?

I have another question. What should I configure in my M1 so that NextAlarm gets notified and they will just log it? So with this, I will be able to see it on our nextalarm.com history log.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I was looking at my Communicator under System RCs. I see AC fail but pulse is 00. Is that the one I should modify to 01?

I'm not looking at it right now, but I believe that is case. Just like you did with everything else if you are using CID, just change 00 to 01.

I'm not looking at it right now, but I believe that is case. Just like you did with everything else if you are using CID, just change 00 to 01.

I tried it, changed it to 01, sent the changes to my M1. I took out the ac from wall, I received a call from my cellphone. I looked at my nextalarm history log, it was not logged. Is it because of the "AC Fail report Delay" of 15 minutes?

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm on the 17th minute now and I still don't see any new log.

Can someone please tell me what I am missing? I'm still not seeing any log in NextAlarm when I disconnected power adapter from wall to simulate power failure.

1. I added new telephone pointing to my cellphone as type 5
2. I added a new AC Power Fail rule that calls me if power goes off
3. I went to Communicator-System RCs and put 01 in Pulse for the AC Power Fail

I sent everything to my M1. I pulled the adapter from wall and in few seconds, M1 contacted my cellphone saying "AC Power fail" or something similar. I waited for 15 minutes, but I still didn't see the log in NextAlarm website.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,

Neil

hmm.. in the telephones section of ElkRP, make sure your number for NextAlarm is set up to report Global system events. other than that, i have exactly what you have except for a telephone notification.

Yes, my system has been sending messages to nextalarm and I see them on the webpage. However, just for this piece, it never gets sent. I get the call though from M1. :p

And yes, I have 3 entries in Telephones. 2 for NextAlarm and 1 which is pointing to my cellphone.

I will contact ELKPRODUCTS and ask about it.

Thanks!

Back