PowerHome/Elk Insteon Linking

Smarty

Has anyone had any success with setting their Insteon links (and their 2414 ser
controller) up with PowerHome (best Insteon linker I have seen) and then moving the controller over to the Elk M1?

I know the M1 has to have the Insteon devices set up in order....but if the order is
the same as you set up in PowerHome, can the M1 now take advantage of the
links that just got cleaned up with PowerHome?

PowerHome's Insteon linking is ALMOST where it should be (IMHO), but it still lacks the ability to link non-load KPL buttons to the local KPL load. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Smarty, with powerhome, do you still need to hit a switch for 10 seconds and then hit the controller's set button?

DavidL said:
Smarty, with powerhome, do you still need to hit a switch for 10 seconds and then hit the controller's set button?
I'm not Smarty but I can tell you that you do not. I just typed all my addresses Insteon in from my PC and then pointed and clicked all my links.

PowerHome will let you do an "autodiscover" if you didn't keep track of the addresses when you installed your switches. This is just a matter of holding down the button on the switch till it broadcasts its address and then tapping the switch to take it back out of linking mode. PowerHome picks up the broadcast and adds the device to the database with all information except the label you want to give it.

Back