Price Sanity Check

OK that makes sense. I was trying to figure out why you would be worried about going through a stud like that, but I can understand that.

Of course with careful planning you may not have to drill through a stud like that, at least on a bearing wall since most walls are not going to be load bearing.

Hi Loren;

FYI, also be aware that certain studs grouped together (there is a term for this that I can't remember) may not be able to be drilled at all.

I remember when helping my friend build his house, that the electrician said not to touch certain stud groups (as far as drilling holes for wiring).

BSR, this brings up a good point. ALWAYS check with or know the local code before attempting anything like this.

sic--this is right, with careful planning, often drlling through studs can be minimized. I typically see the need for the "ever fireplace" TV installation.

Dependng on the homes construction (slab, basement, etc) being able to run a ENT through a wall can save distance and hassle over running up to the attic and back down. I generally don't like putting too many holes in load bearing walls, but for non-load bearing, I don't see much of a problem.

Back