Quality outdoor flood lights

Ira

I have four of these twin-headed outside light fixtures mounted under the eaves at the four main corners of my home. I like the size of the fixtures, the amount of light they put out, and the coverage. However, they are really cheaply made. They start corroding within a year and really start to look bad.

Anyone know of any similar fixtures that are made to last maybe five years or more without showing too many signs of old age? Maybe up to $100 per twin-headed fixture? I don't want motion sensors or photocells. They are only about 10' off the ground so I don't want a really big fixture.

Thanks,
Ira

That would be a good question for a salesman at a local electric supply house. The selection at HD/Lowes leaves something to be desired, in this area. Stop in on the way to work - they open early.

Have you thought of taking them down, masking off the unpainted areas, and spray painting them with Rustoleum? A little bit of work but probably the cheapest solution.

We have decorative planters under our second floor windows made out of some sort of metal. They are probably 25 years old or more (came with the house) and when we resided the house 9 years ago my wife wanted to replace them. We could not even find them anymore so I cleaned them up and spray painted them and they still look fine and they are not under eaves etc. I will probably have to repaint them in a few years but 3 or 4 cans will do it.

Back