Question about emails on M1

RogueOne

What is the proper way to have the system send an email that shows the specific violation?
Thanks

IIRC, you would need to setup a separate email for each possible zone violation and then send the appropriate email when a violation occurs. The M1 is limited to 15 email responses.

I setup a separate email for zones of the upmost importance, such as the front door. For other zones, I used phantom outputs and use those to send a generic, but more informative email. An example would be to turn on output xx for 1 second whenever a glassbreak sensor went off. Then another rule to send an email stating glassbreak whenever that output was turned on. So... a glassbreak sensor going off by itself may or may not be an actual break-in, but if I get another email for a motion sensor then I know for sure someone is in the house.

this has always frustrated me, and if our friends at Elk are monitoring this forum, allow me to please offer a wish-list item. How about a verson of the M1EXP that woudl support a rule which could include an artibrary string to use as either the body or subject of the email. If passing arbitrary text, then at least let us pass the pre-selected words from an output or zone definition, similar to the rule "ANNOUNCE "

Back