Quick Help with Caddx and HS2.0 Plug-in

I think if I had a business depending on this stuff (automation of lights in a home) I would seriously think about installing a lightolier firewall vs using Insteon, Z-Wave or UPB. (But that's just me thinking again, hehe :( )

Rene said:
...Make sure you follow the configuration of the Caddx EXACTLY as per Alan's instructions.

I have been unable to find these instructions, do you know wher I can find them?

and now that I am back home I am sure the instructions involve changing something at the panel! :(

BrianD said:
Please share your UPB problems. I'm about to bid on a demo house and was going to use UPB. Zwave just doesn't have enought products, Yet.
I think I will open a new thread... as I would hate to hijack my own thread, as I am sure my UPB comments are going to stir it up a bit. :(

I'm sure, but I can't wait to see the issues :(

Really curious if it is the switch(s), UPStart or the controlling software (HS?) or if perhaps you had signal problem with 3 panels but no coupler? Ok, ok, I'll look for another thread with the details.

Steve said:
I'm sure, but I can't wait to see the issues :eek:

Really curious if it is the switch(s), UPStart or the controlling software (HS?) or if perhaps you had signal problem with 3 panels but no coupler? Ok, ok, I'll look for another thread with the details.
Done.... see here.

Excuse the ramblings and typos as I am running on no sleep... :) :(

I was looking through the docs and found that I need to set the Caddx panel up like this:
Code:
Panel Configuration
The plug-in requires that the panel be set up with the following configuration, at least
through the beta testing process:
Location 207 – Serial port selector
Set to 1
Location 208 – Baud Rate table
Choose your baud rate but make sure the plug-in is set to the same value. Most testing
was done at 19,200.
Location 209 – Home Automation Protocol
Set to 1
Location 210 – Transition based broadcasts
Segment 1, Data 2, 5, 7, 8 – set to 1; 6 set to 0
Segment 2, Data 1, 2, 3, 4 - set to 1
Location 211 – Command request enables
Segment 1, Data 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - set to 1
Segment 2, Data 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - set to 1
Segment 3, Data 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - set to 1
Segment 4, Data 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 – set to 1

but it has been a *long* time since I have touched the panel, and have no idea how to do this, worse yet I would have to walk someone else (super non technical) through it...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Panel Configuration
The plug-in requires that the panel be set up with the following configuration, at least
through the beta testing process:
Location 207 – Serial port selector
Set to 1
Location 208 – Baud Rate table
Choose your baud rate but make sure the plug-in is set to the same value. Most testing
was done at 19,200.
Location 209 – Home Automation Protocol
Set to 1
Location 210 – Transition based broadcasts
Segment 1, Data 2, 5, 7, 8 – set to 1; 6 set to 0
Segment 2, Data 1, 2, 3, 4 - set to 1
Location 211 – Command request enables
Segment 1, Data 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - set to 1
Segment 2, Data 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - set to 1
Segment 3, Data 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - set to 1
Segment 4, Data 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 – set to 1

Enter *8 at the panel. (I'm assuming you are doing this via an LCD keypad)

You will be prompted for the "master" password. Enter it (I PM'ed you the master "default" password).

Then enter 0# to program the NX8E board itself

The panel should be asking you for a location

Enter the first location 207

You should see a 0 or 1 since there are no other "segments" at that location.

After you enter a 1 hit the * button (saves the location data)

Now enter the second location which is 208

You should see something like 2800 or 4800 or 9600.

Enter 19200 and hit the * button

Enter the next location which is 209

You should see a 0 or 1 since there are no other "segments" at that location.

After you enter a 1 hit the * button (saves the location data)

Enter the next location which is 210

I believe the segment 1 will be showing which is numbers which will look something like this

2 4 5 6 7 8

This means the the data in location 1 is a ZERO, the data in location 2 is a ONE, the data in location 3 is a ZERO, the data in location 4 is a ONE (so basically if the location number is "showing" it's a ONE for its data segment.

So for this configuration you will make sure the following numbers are showing.

2 5 7 8

If another number is showing just press it's corresponding keypad button to toggle it off. Likewise if a number is not showing just press it's corresponding keypad button to toggle it on.

Hit the * key and segment 2 should be showing for that location. Enter as needed above. Hit the * key when done.

After you enter all locations I believe you hit the "Exit" key (maybe twice to get out of the configuration menu).

Then after 10 to 12 seconds the siren should emit two loud clicks. Wait a few minutes and the system should be up and running.

One important thing to know about my instructions above. I have not done this in a while and you "may" have to enter the # key to go to the next segment. The keypad will prompt you to enter the segment location, so you know you are in the correct menu (when you need to enter the segment location to program).

Hope this help. I always said this Caddx programming was not for the faint of heart.

Also, FYI, these settings are a LOT different than the ones required for Nitrox's old HS1.7 plugin, so I can see why this did not work at first.

Good luck,

BSR

I guess it could be worse, I could be pushing buttons and counting blinking lights... I hope to get my homeowner together to try this week.

Thanks a million for the walk through...

sbessel,

As I said before, configuration option for this plugin are different that for the previous plugin, read the docs ans set the options correctly!

You need to get a hold of the caddx programming manual from their website, it has everything that BSR wrote you and a little bit more. It may require a password which I have, just cant find it now, but its like "care4u" or some other nonsense.

The plugin works, but I had lots of problems setting the configuration thru the plugin, and ended setting it up using DL900 and matching the configuration on the plugin.

System has been very reliable for about 2 months.

Got to RUN....., Let me know if I can be of help, I usually check this site every couple of days.

Rene

Rene said:
sbessel,

As I said before, configuration option for this plugin are different that for the previous plugin, read the docs ans set the options correctly!

You need to get a hold of the caddx programming manual from their website, it has everything that BSR wrote you and a little bit more. It may require a password which I have, just cant find it now, but its like "care4u" or some other nonsense.

The plugin works, but I had lots of problems setting the configuration thru the plugin, and ended setting it up using DL900 and matching the configuration on the plugin.

System has been very reliable for about 2 months.

Got to RUN....., Let me know if I can be of help, I usually check this site every couple of days.

Rene
BTW, I hear that Allan, the author of the HS 2.0 Caddx plugin has been missing in action for a while.

Sbessel,

I have checked here multiple times to see what kind of assistance I could provide, but no replies.

Will check back later

Rene

Back