RC1000 Schedule not working

networkcrasher

Hi guys,
I hooked up a RC1000 Omnistat to my Omni Pro II and it worked fine in a manual mode. Recently, it started getting colder, so I have now found the need to set up the schedule and have it run at certain times to get to certain temps. I have not scheduled anything through the Omni programming.

What I'm finding is it is ignoring my schedules. I got up this morning expecting it to be set to 72 (morning mode starts at 7AM), and it was still set at 68 and showing "Night" in the top right instead of morning. I unplugged the stat from the wall and rehooked it back up to reboot it, and it still said night. I verified the correct time, correct date (weekend programming is different than weekday), and correct schedule, but it seems to be ignoring the schedule.

Does the stat not use the schedule once it's hooked up to an Omni? Is there a simple way to program it via PCAccess that I'm missing?

Thanks!

What I'm finding is it is ignoring my schedules. I got up this morning expecting it to be set to 72 (morning mode starts at 7AM), and it was still set at 68 and showing "Night" in the top right instead of morning. I unplugged the stat from the wall and rehooked it back up to reboot it, and it still said night. I verified the correct time, correct date (weekend programming is different than weekday), and correct schedule, but it seems to be ignoring the schedule.

Is "Hold" enabled on the thermostat? That will cause it to ignore all setpoint changes except those entered manually.

The other thing is that there is a parameter in the RC1000's setup that chooses how it should handle program changes. IIRC, the choices are "Time", "Occupancy", and "None". If it's set to "None", it ignores the internal program. If it's set to "Occupancy", then changes are tied to the OPII occupancy mode, which is commanded by the security functions.

FWIW, I don't use stored programs in my RC1000s -- programming in the OPII takes care of all setpoint changes.

Is "Hold" enabled on the thermostat? That will cause it to ignore all setpoint changes except those entered manually.

The other thing is that there is a parameter in the RC1000's setup that chooses how it should handle program changes. IIRC, the choices are "Time", "Occupancy", and "None". If it's set to "None", it ignores the internal program. If it's set to "Occupancy", then changes are tied to the OPII occupancy mode, which is commanded by the security functions.

FWIW, I don't use stored programs in my RC1000s -- programming in the OPII takes care of all setpoint changes.

Nope, no hold enabled. I noticed yesterday that it had the wrong name at the top right given the time of day.

I'll have to check those setup functions.. I don't recall seeing those when I was looking through the configuration. Must be a hidden screen..

In addition to checking if program mode is in "None" or "Occupancy (Installation Settings->Program Settings), also check to make sure that communication mode (Installation settings->Communication mode) is not set to "day night". This should be set to 100 to communicate with a Omni.

Ryan

Nope, no hold enabled. I noticed yesterday that it had the wrong name at the top right given the time of day.

I'll have to check those setup functions.. I don't recall seeing those when I was looking through the configuration. Must be a hidden screen..

Is the date and time correct? It gets the time from the Omni when it's connected to one.

One other thing: do you have more than one thermostat on the bus? If so, you may have two set to the same address.

Time and date was fine. Only have one so far - haven't ordered an RC-2000 for the downstairs stat with the humidifier.

Came home tonight and the screen was blank. Went up in the attic and after poking around a bit with the Fluke, I realized the 3A fuse on the main board was blown. Replace it, double checked settings, and it seems to be working now. I went through a few bouts of a reset, unplugging and replugging it, then checking settings one last time. We'll see how it works now.

Came home tonight and the screen was blank. Went up in the attic and after poking around a bit with the Fluke, I realized the 3A fuse on the main board was blown. Replace it, double checked settings, and it seems to be working now. I went through a few bouts of a reset, unplugging and replugging it, then checking settings one last time. We'll see how it works now.

A fuse was blown in the RC1000? Or by "main board" do you mean the board in your indoor unit?

A fuse was blown in the RC1000? Or by "main board" do you mean the board in your indoor unit?

My bad - that came out a bit garbled. Upstairs furnace is in the attic - the main control board in it has a 3A fuse that was blown.

The resets, unplugging, replugging, etc were all done on the RC1000.

Hmm. I wouldn't think the RC1000 should draw enough juice that it would blow the 24V supply fuse in the furnace. I think you've got something else going on somewhere in your system. I'd check the voltage on the 24V side with the system running -- you may have a relay somewhere that is in the process of burning up.

Yeah, I don't think it has to do with the RC1000. Already had the HVAC guy look at it and he said it may have just of been a bad fuse. House is only 3 months old

Back