RC2000 weirdness

dgeffs

My RC2000 refuses to turn off the A/C when the setpoint is reached. A quick example would be a setpoint of 77 and it won't turn off until the temp reads 75. This has nothing to do the minimum run times since they have been reset to much lower values than the default. Oddly enough if I change the setpoint to 76 and click OK it will turn off immediatley but it refuses to honor the setpoint at 77.

Anyone seen anything like this before? What is the warranty on these things?

Dale

My RC2000 refuses to turn off the A/C when the setpoint is reached. A quick example would be a setpoint of 77 and it won't turn off until the temp reads 75. This has nothing to do the minimum run times since they have been reset to much lower values than the default. Oddly enough if I change the setpoint to 76 and click OK it will turn off immediatley but it refuses to honor the setpoint at 77.

Anyone seen anything like this before? What is the warranty on these things?

Dale

Turns out this was due to some sort of issue in the EEC control for the stat. Turning off that feature (whatever it was) fixed the issue and it is now working perfectly.

I am a bit miffed nobody from HAI bothered to respond to this message. Their tech support person figured this out in about 2 minutes and was very helpful. Too bad their presence here isn't nearly as good.

Back