RedRadio DIY sale

electron

Administrator
Staff member
While browsing the RedRadio.com site, I found this sale:
RAD-I/O 4-screen DIY kit : $795

RAD-I/O PCI 8-port Video Card, 4 single-gang LCD touch screens, 4 wall-mount enclosures, 4 standard-size Leviton single-gang wallplates (white, almond, or ivory), 4 sample CAT5 cables with RJ12 (6-pin) plugs, reference kit documentation, sample user interface program, free email support, 1 year replacement warranty (no refunds).

Looks like they are selling their current inventory in order to make room for the next generation displays:
RedRadio is currently in production of our new, higher bright single-gang displays. As such, we are discounting our current displays. Plus, your purchase entitles you to $25 off each of up to 4 our high bright displays when they are available. You can add 4 more of the high bright displays when they are available, or mix and match the current displays with the high brights.

http://www.redradio.com/products/order.html

Dang, those are sweet! Too bad I've already blown my 2006 HA budget (now I'm restricted to only purchases my wife won't notice). :D

jeffx said:
Dang, those are sweet! Too bad I've already blown my 2006 HA budget (now I'm restricted to only purchases my wife won't notice). :D
Jeff;

Maybe try a different strategy. Buy them for the wife!

jeffx said:
You ALREADY blew your 2006 budget? Its January. Its gonna be a long year.....

I had a couple of questions I was hoping Dwayne (or anyone else who is able) could answer:

1. Can the RAD/IO card function as a secondary monitor? I am interested in using my primary HA PC to drive this and need the primary display to be used for configuration, etc.

2. How much will the new (brighter) units cost?

3. How much brighter will the new units be compared to the older units (nits)?

thanks a bunch,

Joe

At the moment, the card will not work with other video cards, but assuming you don't access your HA pc on a frequent basis, it shouldn't be a problem to do what you want to do.

Not sure about the other questions, but am sure Dwayne will respond soon.

The video card does not support multi-monitor output, so you only get one desktop. However, you can view the desktop on an external monitor for setup and configuration. The video card has a DB15 port that, when connected to an external monitor shows you what is being seen on all 8 RAD-I/O keypads.

The current displays are about 25 nits brightness. The new displays will be about 150 nits. The cost of the high brights should be about $25 more than the standard pricing.

-Dwayne

BraveSirRobbin said:
Plus you should be able to remote desktop into your system from another PC.
Thanks,

I see that with the special, the screens are $150 for additional units. Is that the standard pricing? If not, then what would that be? Just curious how much on sale they are.

thanks,

Joe

Back