RedRadio touchscreens - opinions

jlokanis

I'm about to pull the trigger on a order for the red radio touchscreens but wanted to get some opinions from other users before making such a large purchase.

Also, what do you think of their UTMA product?

Thanks,

-John

It would be great to know if the protocol they used would support full motion video. I haven't found any information about that yet.

Tim

Dwayne showed them to us at EHX and they looked good. Make sure you get the newer/brighter ones. In case you missed the pics, you can see them here. Pictures 70-74.

timkur said:
It would be great to know if the protocol they used would support full motion video. I haven't found any information about that yet.

Tim
The RAD-I/O displays will render anything that would normally be rendered on a desktop, including full motion video.

While I was investigating one UTMA device, I was told full-motion video would not be so hot.

I also am wondering about UTMA screens for CCTV and home control.

If UTMA doesn't work well for full motion video, will a "regular" touch screen like this DellTouchScreen work OK?

There is the difference. That screen just connects to a real PC. The UTMA is essentially a virtual PC.

That screen is awful expensive, though. My 15" Dell was about 1/2 that price.

TonyNo, You will find the 15 inch size is the cheapest for LCD monitors. Smaller doesn't mean cheaper. The UTMA is one of the best deals on the market.

The UTMA is one of the best deals on the market.
I wasn't talking about the UTMA in the last sentence. I was pointing out that for two more inches of touch screen monitor, the price doubled. :)

Back