Security Cameras

stacyh3

I'm building a house and looking into using the Elk-M1 for security and automation. Is there any support for viewing a security camera on the TS-07 touchscreen? If not, what are some of my other options? I'm trying to figure out od the Elk-M1 is the right product and what camera's I should use with it.

Thanks,
Stacy

Hi Stacy, welcome to CT!

The TS-07 will support IP cameras (they are actively working on this right now), and if your camera isn't IP, you could use just enable the webservice of your DVR software (assuming you are recording video), and interface that wired cam that way.

IP Cameras and image viewing like Weather.com upgrade for the ELK TS-07 is in Beta testing now. Should be released in a few weeks. Just hit the update button when it is ready and the touchscreen will automatically update its software. FREE if you own ELKRM or a TS-07 Touchscreen of course! :D

I installed my TS-07 Touchscreen Saturday. I took pictures to share.

This is awesome! Thanks guys! Now my next chore is to figure out which IP camera to use. I do hae a little time since the drywall isn't going up yet, but at least I know what I'll need at the camera locations. It looks like the Elk is going to be a great system in our new home!

Stacy

Okay, I've been looking at lots of IP cameras. Some are very expensive, some not so much. I need to stay on the not-so-much side of expensive, but I also need an outdoor, low-profile (e.g., high WAF) camera. The cameras can be wired since the house is new construction.

I live in the North Central US, so the winters can be pretty harsh. I think I'll be able to mount the cameras under an overhang, but we still get wind, rain, and cooooollllldddd!

Thanks,
Stacy

I mounted a $30 video camera (not IP) on the gable of our garage overlooking our driveway a few years ago. It is certainly not a weatherproof unit, and I intended to enclose it in a glass container to keep the rain and snow off. It has LEDs to illuminate its field of view after dark, and they reflected off the glass too much. I covered the camera (and lens) with clear kitchen wrap. The price was right, but I have to replace this raincoat annually. It can see through the wrap just fine, even on our coldest or wetest Wisconsin day or night.

I see a list of supported IP cameras on the ELK site. Is there a reason, in principle, that Axis cameras could not work in an Elk system? Thanks.

IP Cameras and image viewing like Weather.com upgrade for the ELK TS-07 is in Beta testing now. Should be released in a few weeks. Just hit the update button when it is ready and the touchscreen will automatically update its software. FREE if you own ELKRM or a TS-07 Touchscreen of course! :)

I installed my TS-07 Touchscreen Saturday. I took pictures to share.

There has been some recent requests for the Axis camera to be added to the supported cameras for the ELK TS-07.

Each camera family has to be customized in the TS-07 software to read the camera image instead of a served webpage.

Thanks for the reply. The image quality of these cameras is superior and prices are now in consumer ranges for the 206/207 series. I bought one to test and I like it. I'm planning a "do the works" HA system and the only piece I am certain to use is the ELK so that will drive my camera decision.

There has been some recent requests for the Axis camera to be added to the supported cameras for the ELK TS-07.

Each camera family has to be customized in the TS-07 software to read the camera image instead of a served webpage.

Back