Serial Expanders...

Now we need a third party graphical user interface developer that is willing to work with ELK to implement the system.

Power Home was suggested above. ?

CQC?

Mainlobby?

...?

I would be interested in this. Ive already got Elk interfacing on the to-do list.

Perhaps we can talk at the EHX Expo in Orlando.

Dave.

Now we need a third party graphical user interface developer that is willing to work with ELK to implement the system.

As far as PowerHome they have a GREAT handle on INSTEON but not much in the way of WinCE if you want the software to run on your new touch panels that are coming out.

CQC has a GREAT Handle on Touch Screens but have not even started working on INSTEON

MainLobby is based on Flash so you would have to make sure your Touch Panels had flash ability to work.

What might be a good idea is for Elk to purchase the INSTEON Developers Kit to give them access to the forum and post a request there with the specs of the job.

Also make sure the future developer knows we want this done ASAP :D

toymaster458 said:

As far as PowerHome they have a GREAT handle on INSTEON but not much in the way of WinCE if you want the software to run on your new touch panels that are coming out.
I am assuming/speculating that David was only looking for something that would do the Insteon configuration and linking (and would run on the same PC as ElkRP), not the day-to-day user interface. ElkRM and the virtual keypad already have a universal lighting interface, they just need to break it down by rooms so that you don't have to scroll through a long list every time. And am I speculating that the user interface doesn't need to be overly glamorous, they just didn't want some geeky command line interface. :D

And yes, having it by the end of the month to show off at EHExpo would be peachy! :)

I assume this would be similar to the UPstart tool, but allow you to copy the configuration onto the Elk M1 Insteon interface. It only makes sense to partner with Powerhome, since it seems to be doing the best job at INSTEON device management so far.

WayneW said:
they just need to break it down by rooms so that you don't have to scroll through a long list every time.
I brought up the redesigning of the Lighting Database to include rooms/locations and setting what interface the light is on (e.g. Serial1 for UPB, Serial2 for INSTEON...) and for the ID of the device with Don. Not sure when it will change but they agree something needs to be done. When they designed the Interface X10 was they only thing on there mind at the time.

I have a weird situation. I got an email from Brad at elk and he informed me that the serial port expanders can have addresses upto 7-8 (cant recall but definitely less than 10

I have a serial port expander that is connected to my RCS tr16 and it is on ADDR=14

I have done the module enrollment again and it is definitley 14. I also cannot see it in the 'show kps and expanders. It correctly shows all the expanders that i have but this one.

Mind you that this works fine except for missing a rule this morning.

Am I lost once again or is this normal?

regards

Back