Setup Z-Wave network with VRC0P

Here is a cable picture.

Look at the yellow (if one wire is yellow).  I used an RJ11 with 4 pins (old telephone wire).

Note I mention pin1 yellow.  Its really any pin color that you can see from the side of the RJ11.

<<<<<===RJ-11 TAB DOWN===pin1-yellow ===>> pin1-yellow===RJ-11 TAB DOWN===>>>>>

Just put the node number in that is the same as on your Leviton Tool.

Here first I put in the ZWave in the first drop down of a room then put the controller node number in the last column.  

Most important that you put in ZWave in the drop down section.  

Then add each device node number that you want to control as units under it.

Personally use UPB for all of my in wall switches and just have an unused ZWave network running for tinkering only.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1299]

I have it all working now.  Since my system is so old my manual didnt have Zwave stuff in it.  I found a newer  online copy that had what I needed, plus since I dont have installer PCA that is probably why I dont see things you do. The same things can be done via keypad.

1. Using PCA name the units and set to zwave
2, using the keypad in setup EXP set the serial port to zwave
3. using the keypad in setup CNTL set the unit node to what is in your zwave network

It's all in the newer manuals but spread out all over the place.

This Zwave is for soon to do door locks and also security in my detached shop. Also want notify if mail delivered.

Still heavily considering Homeseer but dont have time yet to do trial. If I get I would move zwave to it. Since bitwise failed IR commands for me I would also probably get Global Cache connected to Homeseer  and create new Apps for Android control with it. 

Waiting for old router to be delivered to see how that affects system speed.

I have imported all of the VRCop ZWave nodes in to a Homeseer ZNet like device with no issues.

Curious how you updated your Omni Pro 2 panel?

Personally I would purchase a copy of PCA for dealers.

probably get Global Cache connected to Homeseer  and create new Apps for Android control with it.

Understood.

Not sure if the router is going to help you speed up the panel.

It was a dealer demo board, so essentially new. Had the original anti static bag and original box. Came with a bunch of other dealer demo stuff.most importantly it had the upgradable rom chip.

Back