Should I Buy a V572?

compuguru

I am trying to decide wether to by a V572 or not, as my Automaton Software (HAL) currently does not support the W800. It still uses X10 though, and there are a lot better and faster protocols right now. I just don't want to spend $75-$100 on something and then find out that Smarthome is rolling out a whole line of wireless Inteon devices. What do you guys think?

Currently I have a PAT01 (X-10 Pro Tranceiver), with 2 Motion detectors. Last night I had to unplugg it twice because it was sending a contstant stream of X10 signals. My understand is that the V572 can help with that, correct?

I loved my V572 until I realized the W800RF was so much faster. In your situation, I think you will be happy with it.

I don't think smarthome, or anyone else will replace it, seeing Insteon already has RF receivers in their core products.

Vaughn

The W800RF is one of the best pieces in my set up... I don't think you can go wrong with it. For me, an average user, it and the Ocelot are the backbones of my system.

ahhhh, another HAL user! I personally am converting to all wired motion sensors. It's time to let x10 go :angry: HAL's Insteon support is getting better with each beta version.

Back