I'm not familiar with the Freewire stuff, but it's a nice price that
might fill some people's needs.

# Includes two weather-resistant outdoor modules that are X10 compatible
# Control up to 16 modules with the included RF remote
# Use your existing X10 controllers to operate these Freewire modules

for only $14.99

Freewire
PDF Instruction Manual

If your area has a discount store called "Tuesday Morning", you may want to check there as well. Our local one had a stack of these about 3 feet high a few weeks ago for the same price. The Freewire system is X-10 based and works well for what it is. I bought a few of the starter kits just to get the outdoor modules for Christmas lights.

Terry

Good to know. We have 'em here in DFW and I pass a couple on the way home. I have stopped in and gotten a couple of storage items before, but no tech gizmos. Getting these just for the outdoor modules is a good idea.

Actually, I will probably pass on these anyway, since I've gone mostly UPB. About the only x10 that I still use is through an MR26A for getting RF commands into my system.

gk

If your area has a discount store called "Tuesday Morning", you may want to check there as well. Our local one had a stack of these about 3 feet high a few weeks ago for the same price. The Freewire system is X-10 based and works well for what it is. I bought a few of the starter kits just to get the outdoor modules for Christmas lights.

Terry

The modules are completely compatible with X10 signals. The Messenger Hub and their Remotes will not work with an X10 Remote or Receiver but together can control both Freewire and X10 modules.
I like the messenger hub as it has the house code dial on it and the remote in the 3000 kit can do all 16 unit codes and has two scenes type buttons. That can remember 4 unit codes.
The hub registers the remote kind of like the security consoles.
The Outdoor module is real nice. Programs like a Socket Rocket by sending an X10 House/Unit code ON three times after power up.
The Freewire stuff was an OEM from X10 and the FCC ID has the X10 Prefix on them B4S
Modules have finger knobs to set NO Screwdriver or coin needed to set them.

Oh I should have added that besides the registering like a security remote the RF frequency is 418 Mhz not the standard X10 310 Mhz.
Full Schematics are on the FCC web site as are many of the RF type X10 devices.

Back