Snap link has snapped

<p>Thanks for so many tips and how-tos!&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>So this is interesting.... I changed the port number... no difference. I downloaded new FW into the Omni-touch which still isn't connecting to the controller... no change... BUT I unplugged the ethernet cable from the email board and now canuseeme shows the port is OPEN!.. I'm basically back to where snap link gave me SOME of my screens but not all of them... For example:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>It now connects rather than giving me a connection error. It shows the main menu of Status, Control, Security, Buttons, Temps and Events.</p>
<p>Of those I get information on STATUS, SECURITY, EVENTS.&nbsp; I can arm and disarm alarm from snaplink!&nbsp; Of course I get no text about the activities as I would expect.&nbsp;</p>
<p>I get nothing but a blue background on CONTROL, BUTTONS, TEMPS. I use to get all my units, thermostats, etc. I could turn off, on and Dim lights, I could set thermostats.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>NOW what is the problem?&nbsp; It's not port forwarding...&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I'm strategizing how to get my email board back, but first, I'll focus on Snap link and getting it 100% functional first. The OmniTouch problem got fixed, too by downloading new code then disabling the email notifier card.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>

Markgroce said:
I’m having similar issues. I reset the Arankis router as I did not know username or password. Now I can access the router and change things but I’m having trouble following the instructions listed above. First problem is I’m unable to find MAC address of the OMNI. The Arankis router shows everything else that’s connected but not the Omni.
To find the MAC address of the OMNI, use one of the many free port scanner apps out there. On the Mac, I use one called LanScan.  Scan your LAN, look for the IP, and on the same row is the MAC address. 

Lots of good progress and the net is it is ALL working now...

So I had changed the port, reloaded the app, restarted the router, re-entered the keys (but I never reset the Omni, nor have I reconnected the email board). Once I did all these things, I re-entered the data (port and keys) using the INTERNAL IP address. Then there was a button in the app settings under italic "i" that allows one to "retrieve setup". It actually worked this time! Once that happened ALL panels and options worked for the SnapLink!   Next, I entered the external IP address and it still worked while I was on the local network. I assume the Router just does an internal routing since it knows the external IP address and routes it appropriately to the OMNI. I say this because as soon as I was away from my internal network, nothing would connect! I tried the tools you kind folks pointed me to to see if I could find the port externally via the web browser but had no luck on that... I put it on the back burner for a couple of weeks and tried again... NOW it all works without hitch both internally and externally!  But I didn't do anything to make things change... so the last stage is some magic going on and that concerns me.  I still have not hooked up the email board but may do that sometime this month. 

Thanks so much for all your help!

Back