Web-Link, SnapLink failure

adsbar

Hope someone can shed a little light...

I have had an HAI Omnipro II with Web-link software for several years. I have the Web-link server running on my Windows Home server. I have also purchased the Snaplink for Android application. Everything was running fine until last week.

Currently, when I try to access weblink from the WHS, using the "Web-link Client" icon on the desktop, I get a login page stating "User name or password is invalid". I can keep trying until it locks me out for an hour.

I can access the panel with PC access, and my names and codes have not changed. I can test the connection by turning on and off lights from PC Access.

Snaplink hasn't been able to resolve the host name for the last 5 days or so, but today it fired up. Unfortunately, the "Temps", "Control, and "Button" icons give me a blank screen. "Status", "Security", and "Events" seem to work fine.

For Web-link, I have restarted the service, and rebooted the server. No change. I cannot access web-link using the IP address on my home network, nor can I do it from a web browser using my dynamic DNS name. Previously this worked without a hitch.

I have port forwarding on my router, and this is unchanged as well. I have rebooted my router (Netgear 3700 V2)

Any help is appreciated.

Alan

Addendum: I went back to snaplink for android and pressed the "retrieve setup" - this got back my blank screens! now my only problem is Web-link.

Just to be sure, you are 100% sure you are still connecting to the correct device, right? I have seen it happen where a power outage forced some IP changes on the LAN, where another device took the old IP address, and supported authentication as well, so it looked like it was just a password issue. Have you tried another browser (assuming this is webbased software)?

Just to be sure, you are 100% sure you are still connecting to the correct device, right? I have seen it happen where a power outage forced some IP changes on the LAN, where another device took the old IP address, and supported authentication as well, so it looked like it was just a password issue. Have you tried another browser (assuming this is webbased software)?

On the touchscreens, my panel has the same IP address - I had made this static on my router. The Web-link server software still shows the same IP address as well. Snaplink (android) is using the dynamic DNS address, proving that the DynDNS service is working, and that port forwarding on the router is working.

Just tried it again, and now it logged me in directly. For anyone's future reference, here are things I have done that may have caused the problem:

1. I shut down the panel to replace a failed CO2 sensor, then reapplied power and restored the bypassed zone. All my programming seems intact.
2. I rebooted my router before it happened.
3. My free DynDNS address expired, and I had to reapply for it. It is possible that it didn't update my IP address for a while.

I don't know what made the problem go away. I did restart the Web-link service, but it didn't fix it immediately.

Thank you for your very quick reply and offer to help. I'm sure I'll have more problems in the future...

Alan

Don't know about that, you have been a member since 2005, and haven't complained much ;)

Glad to hear it's fixed tho. I was in a rush when I made that post, so it probably wasn't too helpful. Thanks for the update!

Back