Omni IIe and snaplink

Yes, that the MAC (mine was hidden because there is an expander attached to it). It is indeed 00-07-A6-00-7c-d6. I didn't see all '0' on mac computer but see it with PC attached. When I do arp-a, I get the same address with PC connected to the modem. However, the PC has green light on the modem and the Omni has orange light, i.e. not connected :(

Yes, that the MAC (mine was hidden because there is an expander attached to it). It is indeed 00-07-A6-00-7c-d6. I didn't see all '0' on mac computer but see it with PC attached. When I do arp-a, I get the same address with PC connected to the modem. However, the PC has green light on the modem and the Omni has orange light, i.e. not connected :(
Do you mean the data switch or router port (not modem)? The green led means connected at 1GB. The orange led means connected at 10/100MB.
That is a good thing. The HAI data port is a 10MB port. That is very slow for 2023 but when this board was designed (decades ago) it was very leading edge for a security system to even have a data port. Considering the small amount of data the Omni sends it doesn't matter that its a 10MB connection.

From a Quora discussion:
Some of my switch ports have LEDs that can be Orange or Green. They are Gigabit ports so anything less than that (100 Mbps “fast” Ethernet or ancient 10 Mbps) will show orange.

TP-Link switch ports show the same behavior
dwalt

Last edited:
It's a modem router combo. The internet provider says that orange means not connected. However, I was checking with them again, they see that the alarm panel is connect, but shows offline

Have you tried SnapLink now? Just in your house. You won't need port forwarding set up when the pc with snaplink and the Omni are on the same subnet.

Ok, I'm going to be a bit simplistic here for my understanding so I don't assume anything.
Are you using Snaplink the usb stick for a PC or Snaplink Mobile the iphone/android app?
You are in your house on the house subnet not using your cell phone with the cellular data enabled?
What do you mean by open a port? You configure the USB app or iphone app and try to connect?
Thx

Two more things you need to connect Snaplink is:

1 - port defined on your panel which you can see with your keyboard console and
2 - two alpha numeric key codes which you can also see on your keyboard console.

Typically these should not have changed from your previous set up. Snaplink shows the configuration from the panel.

You cannot set these from Snaplink. When you run Snaplink and connect to your panel you will see Snaplink download the configuration.

As @dwalt mentions above go slow and take your time.

I tried to create address outside of the range of the DHCP, but it doesnt let me
Usually the address has to be within the DHCP range, but don't worry, once you assign that address the router won't assign it to anyone else.

Also, remember there are TWO parts of the forward, the port and the IP address. The port is typically 4369 unless it has been changed. This can be checked on the keyboard, and you typically want the outside port, 4369 to match the inside port, 4369. So outside IP address, assigned by your internet provider, and port 4369 are transferred to your inside IP address, assigned by your router, and port 4369, which is the Omni port.

Thank you all for your help. I am enjoying the conversation and learning. The reason for me to connect the system is to be able to use the snap link app on my iPhone so I can controls lights, alarm etc from home or remotely. Currently I received an error on the app, 'unable to connect'. The reason is that I was not able to port forward on my router. In order to port forward I need to choose from a list of devices, and my computers, amazon fire stick etc show up, but the Omni does not. On the alarm keypad I had port 4369. I need to enter this number to the router for port forward, but I dont get this option

The router allows port forward only from the app and I need to choose connected device from the dropdown menu

Have you entered the local Omni IP when connecting the iPhone on your home LAN via Wireless?

This should show that your configuration is working.

You can test by putting the IP of the Omni panel in a DMZ for time bean.

Interesting just googled

TG4482A port forward an IP?

And came to your question on the Rogers Community....geez the world is small with the Internet.

So it seems that the TG4482A depends on a "registered IP" to port forward and you do not see that when trying to configure the port forward.

I am guessing you have entered the IP and MAC address of the Omni as a trusted device on your network?

Found it under advanced port forwarding here for an earlier model Arris router.

Last edited:
Looked at the Neighbors router which I manage for them via a wireless bridge here.

• Model Numbers: CGM4331COM and TG4482A
  • Friendly Model Name: XB7
HOW5220_12092019_01.png

Interesting that the port forward is not showing and refers to using the account manager on the web that you have to enable first.

Guessing you did this already.

FireShot Capture 136 - Advanced } Port Forwarding - XFINITY - 10.0.0.1.jpg

A while back added a Canon Printer manually which you would do with the Omni address.

Last edited:
Back