Omnipro II, PCAccess, Snap-Link

Hello all. I'm new here and I need some (or a lot) of help. I volunteer at a non-profit museum. I have just started helping with the internet and security for the museum.
The gentleman who installed the system passed away a few years before I became involved. Unfortunately when he died most of his passwords disappeared. Prior to my involvement, the person who took over didn't know too much about the system, and when they were having trouble, he disconnected the relays and wired things straight hot. The system we are using on the computer is PCAccess. I discovered that the time was out of sync, but it wouldn't allow me to adjust the time. I did see there was an update to fix that issue and will be trying to update it next time there. I'm still trying to figure out how it's all connected. I can connect PCAccess thru ethernet to access the system and the items still hooked up I can control, but not modify. As far as I can tell all of the Omnipro II systems are still ok and working. I'm also trying to get Snap-Link to work on my iPhone but having issues. We are also trying to upgrade the computer. Will PCAccess work on Windows 11? Thank you for your time. Mike

PCAccess works on Windows 10, not sure about 11. Snaplink does run on the latest iPhone and iOS, mostly. Snaplink needs to have a direct link to the lan the Omni runs on, it doesn't connect to a cloud like many programs today. So when your phone is on the WiFi on the LAN the Omni is connected to, using its IP address and port, does it connect? Do you have the security key, the LAN IP address and the port?

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum Mike.

I can connect PCAccess thru ethernet to access the system and the items still hooked up I can control, but not modify.
PCAccess came in two versions; one version for the homeowner which did not allow changes and another for the installer. You can download and use most current dealer version for free today. It is posted here on the forum.

PC Access works fine on Windows 11.

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum Mike.

I can connect PCAccess thru ethernet to access the system and the items still hooked up I can control, but not modify.
PCAccess came in two versions; one version for the homeowner which did not allow changes and another for the installer. You can download and use most current dealer version for free today. It is posted here on the forum.

PC Access works fine on Windows 11.
Good evening Pete_c. I do have the dealer version downloaded and installed on my laptop and it works fine. I just had to export the file from the current computer then import it to laptop and it works. I also back dated the current computer to 1997 to handle the 2021 issue so I could change the clock time and thats working for now. I wanted to make sure that the full version worked before I put it on the museums comuter.

I do have other questions. Do you know how to program the OmniPro II system? Our primary use is for energy management but I don't know how to modify the program, add to it, or delete items that are not in the system anymore. Next question is how does the main board talk to the three expansion boards? I do see where the three boards have the pins set correctly for their address, ( 1, 2, or 3) but not sure how the boards are hooked to the main board.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Also we are only using the system for energy management. I don't see or have found anything else it controls. And we also use outputs 1-8 for energy management to control other lights.
Mike

browsing through the Setup and Automation rules in the config you imported should give a good idea on how the system was being used. If you have gotten this far, I would guess with help from this forum, you can get it back up and going properly as long as hardware is all good.

Hello. Yes thats what I'm hoping. I have figured out some things but not much. I have found the three expansion cabinets. Now working on putting things back together. EE3 has been totally unwired with just power cord and battery wires, no 19A00 relay board. EE1 was also unhooked from everything but the link to the main board, and has two 19A00 boards working. I've managed to get 6 of the 16 relays hooked up and working. Two of the relay controls go to somewhere else that I have to try and find. So I'm wondering about the programming. I have the printout of what he did before, but not for every single aspect. But I have lots of questions concerning this system. As far as I can tell all the components are working. I have found one BZ150 relay bad. I'm not sure on how to change or edit any of the programing. Can it be done through PC Access or keypad only?

Mike

Last edited:
Great news Mike.

Can it be done through PC Access or keypad only?

Both and easiest with PC Access.

Baby steps.

Ok great. Now how is that done? And do I have to be connected to the board? I do remember seeing something about uploading so I'm guessing that the program controlling our lights is stored and executed from the mother board, not the PC.

And do I have to be connected to the board?
Yes with PC Access you can see or change any of the automation programming lines. They are in little "blocks"

You already did this via the network interface and PCA.

Now how is that done?
Have a look at the automation in PC Access. Very basic rules.

Last edited:
I have a printout of the automation. Now if I change a setting in the automation, will it be automatic or does it have to be saved, and where is it saved?

Last edited:
Now if I change a setting in the automation, will it be automatic or does it have to be saved, and where is it saved?

You can change the automation using PCA. Save it. Upload it to panel. (it is not automatic). Once uploaded then the panel automation lines are changed.

The configuration of the panel is viewed via PC Access. The configuration resides in the panel and a file you saved with PC Access.

Ok. That is a start. Now how do I find and adjust some of the relays in board EE1-5, 6, and 7 relays that they are on all the time. Where do I find those settings and try to correct them?

This is part of the automation. Does this look normal?

1707443620960.png

and this is the list of relays/panel location. I can't figure how to get into each one to change settings.

1707444157136.png

Last edited:
Mike,
What is the total number of lines of code in the automation?
Could you take a picture of the main board and the cabinet it is in?
Plus the 3 EEs?

Back