• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Sooo close to integrated SageTV/TheaterTek/CD...

IVB

I am so close to coolness that i'm drooling. Damn that I have to get up for work in 5.5 hours.

I got beelzerob's CQC-sage TCP driver working in 2.0, the theatertek TCP driver is working just fine, and I just created a button that intelligently determines whether SageTV, TT, or a CD is playing, and sends a command to the right one.

The massive difference between this and something like Girder is that I can actually bidirectionally handshake with the app and confirm that it's not only up, but it's actually playing something before I send it a command. This means going from reasonable confidence to 100% reliability. That last little bit is always the toughest, but it's what really drives the WAF and now it's done!!!

Oy, how can I be expected to focus at work tomorrow. I'll recode my USB-UIRT driver to have this logic based on pressing the pause/play/next/prev/etc buttons.

Here's the logic, it's pretty dang simple. I don't yet have a screen to show what's up/etc, bank on that happening within 24-48 hours.

if-then-sage-tt.JPG