Speaker Cable for Elk sp12F

susanc

Do I need to run 18AWG speaker cable for the Elk SP12F?

Also, is the M1BBK2 an old (drywall already installed) work box? If so, is there a way to adapt it to new construction? I am in the process of finalizing my wiring prior to drywall and am need to know whether to put a single or double gang work box for my M1KPK2.

Thanks

I am in the process of finalizing my wiring prior to drywall and am need to know whether to put a single or double gang work box for my M1KPK2.

Thanks
I would put in a double gang box and surface mount it. If you ever decide to put in the new ELK touchscreen in place of the M1KP2 or even an M1KP1 you will be set and already wired.

I am in the process of finalizing my wiring prior to drywall and am need to know whether to put a single or double gang work box for my M1KPK2.

Thanks
I would put in a double gang box and surface mount it. If you ever decide to put in the new ELK touchscreen in place of the M1KP2 or even an M1KP1 you will be set and already wired.

The Elk touchscreen takes a 3 Gang box (unless there is a brand new one that I don't know of).

The Elk touchscreen takes a 3 Gang box (unless there is a brand new one that I don't know of).
There will be, it was shown at ISC West. I think most manufacturers are realizing that the double gang box format is the way to go.

Wow!
Lets clarify back boxes. The M1KP2 recessed mount backbox is an after the sheetrock is installed installation. The surface mount version of the backbox will mount to a one or two gang electrical box.

The TS-07 touchscreen uses a custom recessed mount backbox. It has to be mounted after the sheetrock goes up.

Something that fits in a three gang box....I have not seen that one!

Back