Start PC with ELK M1

vbdino

Hi

I would like to share an idea that I got working today.

I have a Gadspot GS2003V DVR that I can't access from work because of firewall restrictions. The application iCMS that allows me to replay video, won't connect.

But with my iPad, I can connect to internet using a phone wifi hotspot, so no firewall restriction. Using Teamviewer both on my ipad and an old PC that I place near my ELK M1 system, I can remotely control an old PC and start iCMS to replay video.

Not much so far, but to save energy, I connected the power switch connector on the motherboard to an output on ELK M1. I created a task and a rule to turn on the output for 1 sec. Now I can remotely start or stop the PC when I want to replay a video after receiving an alert. I use EK Pro to activate my task.

Is there no SSH client for iOS which supports portforwarding?  This alone would solve your issue.  Next step up would be a VPN connection.

Dan (electron) said:
Is there no SSH client for iOS which supports portforwarding?  This alone would solve your issue.  Next step up would be a VPN connection.

I needed to use iCMS with Windows, to retrieve video. That is why I thought of using Teamviewer, otherwise I would have to find an iOS app that support my DVR, but couldn't find one that allows replay.

You should look into setting up SSH. I have mine set for port 443 which will never be blocked by any provider, company or hot spot. VPN can be problematic.

Back