Stay Command Error - Elk M1

willie464

I just installed an Elk M1 panel, and I am having trouble arming directly to "Stay" mode via the keypads (M1KPNAV & M1KP). I hope I have overlooked something very simple. Here goes. I only have one area (#1). I have "single keypress quick-arm enabled" and "auto stay mode after exit time if no violation" enabled. When I press "Stay" on either keypad, I get an error sound and no action. When I press "Away" and there is no exit violation, the exit timer will count down, and the system will automatically and correctly arm to "Stay". Also, I am able to arm directly to "Stay" via Elk RP. I have numerous perimeter zones and one interior PIR zone. The system shows "Ready to Arm" prior to pressing "Away" or "Stay". Any assistance would be appreciated...Thank you.

Is your motion detector defined as a burglar interior zone or burglar entry/exit? If it is set as entry/exit it may be seeing motion when you try to arm stay and reporting a violated zone which I believe would not allow the system to arm.

Mike.

A motion covering a keypad location should be "interior follower".   I learned this the hard way.

"05 Burglar Interior Follower - For motions detectors, interior doors, etc. which may be in the keypad or entry pathway.
If an entry delay zone is violated first, this zone will delay (Follow) also, otherwise it will create an instant alarm.
This zone type IS NOT ACTIVE during the STAY, STAY INSTANT, NITE, and NITE INSTANT arm modes."

Not a lot of info in the manual on "auto stay". 

page 26
"If Yes, the control will switch from AWAY mode to STAY mode at the end of the exit delay
time if no exit zone is violated (no exit detected). NOTE: This tracks the longest of the
two exit timers. All interior zones are bypassed in the STAY mode. Default value is No."

Maybe with that option the Stay button is disabled, since Away mode turns into STAY mode at the end of the timer if you don't go out the door.

As a test, try clearing/unchecking that and see if the Stay button works.

On the Area 1 programming you need enable the "Stay" option under STAY Key Scrolling.

I just installed an Elk M1 panel, and I am having trouble arming directly to "Stay" mode via the keypads (M1KPNAV & M1KP). I hope I have overlooked something very simple. Here goes. I only have one area (#1). I have "single keypress quick-arm enabled" and "auto stay mode after exit time if no violation" enabled. When I press "Stay" on either keypad, I get an error sound and no action. When I press "Away" and there is no exit violation, the exit timer will count down, and the system will automatically and correctly arm to "Stay". Also, I am able to arm directly to "Stay" via Elk RP. I have numerous perimeter zones and one interior PIR zone. The system shows "Ready to Arm" prior to pressing "Away" or "Stay". Any assistance would be appreciated...Thank you.

I appreciate the quick feedback. I enabled the "Stay" option under "Stay Key Scrolling", and it's working now. The default for this option is "Yes', but I must have unchecked the box for some reason during start up. I looked at this option, but the word "scrolling" made me think it was an unneeded option...Thank you for the help.

Back