syncing to ntp

v1rtu0s1ty

I don't have a budget now to buy the ethernet module, ELK-M1XEP. I would like to know if we can use the serial port to grab TIME from another pc that is connected to the Internet. Or push TIME to ELK. PC syncs to an ntp server.

follow up question, will our M1 be able to adjust to the early Daylight Saving Time changes this March?

Yes. If you have doubts, boot up elkRP and check your time settings. There's a setting for when daylight savings time starts and ends. I ordered my Elk 4 weeks ago, and it came already configured with the new dst dates. Thanks Elk! :)

v1rtu0s1ty said:
I would like to know if we can use the serial port to grab TIME from another pc that is connected to the Internet. Or push TIME to ELK. PC syncs to an ntp server.
You can use the serial protocol to push the time too the M1 from a PC. Look for he RS232 protocol document in the Elk web page.

v1rtu0s1ty said:
follow up question, will our M1 be able to adjust to the early Daylight Saving Time changes this March?
The M1 automatically adjusts for Daylight Savings time. The start and stop days can be adjusted using the ELK-RP software.

I did it last night but dont remember the menu you need to be in.

But, the M1 doesn't support NTP natively. It can't pull time, time has to be pushed to it. I think I saw a feature request on this somewhere...

Also, I believe the latest firmware has the proper dates for DST already, or they can be adjusted as mentioned above.

elcano said:
v1rtu0s1ty said:
I would like to know if we can use the serial port to grab TIME from another pc that is connected to the Internet. Or push TIME to ELK. PC syncs to an ntp server.
You can use the serial protocol to push the time too the M1 from a PC. Look for he RS232 protocol document in the Elk web page.
Sweet! I will do some readings tonight! :D

Back