Tell HS to play DVD on 2nd computer

fungun

Question..
I have my HS computer with the DVDProfiler plugin on it and have it all set up.
I inherited another computer from my dad that has a ATI graphics card in it so I can hook up 2 monitors.
My 52" lcd has S video hookup, as does the computer.
I don't want to put my dvds on the HS machine, but on the other computer.
Now how do I tell the HS machine with DVD profiler on it to play the movies I put on the other machine? Also how do I make the dvd player on the second machine to play to the big screen and not the computer monitor?
What I did was useing DVDDecrypter, I copied only the main movie.
Then using PowerDVD, I made a playlist using the .vob files.
Then I made a shortcut to the desktop pointing at the playlist.
Now I just click the shortcut, PowerDVD opens and plays the movie.

So next question-Do I put the playlist or the shortcut in a mapped network drive, so the HS computer can call it? Once it calls it, where is it going to play, the HS pc or the Movie pc, monitor 1 or 2 (the bigscreen tv)?

Thanks,
Tim

I use DVD Lobby from Cinemar Solutions to do what your asking. I can launch a movie on any other networked computer or the one I'm using.

Tim,
You will have to "tell" the remote PC's PowerDVD to open and play a particular movie file.
DVDLobby does this by passing the movie file path through another piece of Cinemar software called MLPowerDVD. This connects via a TCP connection with the PowerDVD Agent running on the PC you want PowerDVD to open on.

That's the best method. But, requires ML3 / DVDLobby3.75 / MLPowerDVD software components.

Back