test signal to monitoring company

v1rtu0s1ty

Ok folks, I'm kinda tight in my budget right now since it's my closing on Wednesday for the house. Unfortunately, my insurance told me that if I don't provide her the certificate from monitoring company first week of September, she will remove the discount from my plan. If you recall, I did all the wiring and design was for Elk system. For sure, I will still purchase ELK system probably 3rd or 4th week of September.

So, is there any cheap device that I can buy(around $50-$80) and that can be used to send a test signal to Next Alarm? This way, I can have the service up and be able to get the certificate.

Thanks folks.

I'm curious as you are presently into this part, but exactly how much will you save on your homeowner's insurance? I'm wondering if it is worth the trouble for the discount.

I'll just talk to my insurance company tomorrow, maybe she can give me a grace period for the certificate. I'll just buy the ELK system as soon as I get my escrow from previous sold house. I won't bother anymore asking you folks about solution.

you should be able to find an Ademco Vista 20P on eBay for <$20. If you do, I could send you the programming instructions assuming you have the installer code for the board you receive.

Ok folks, finally, I was able to convince wife that we should go with ELK. On the first place, my wiring was designed for the ELK system. Anyways, I will be ordering it next week. Can you guys please list down items in order that I should do to be able to test the system for NextAlarm monitoring?

Thanks in advance!!! :lol:

Neil:

1. ELK M1 Gold Panel.

2. Working telephone line.

3. That is all.

You don't need PIR's, switches, glass breaks, etc. to test the system. Either disable the zones or do like I do and have EOL resistors in the wiring blocks. Program the M1 normally for your house. When you want to send a test signal just short the zone with a jumper.

rfdesq said:
Neil:

1. ELK M1 Gold Panel.

2. Working telephone line.

3. That is all.

You don't need PIR's, switches, glass breaks, etc. to test the system. Either disable the zones or do like I do and have EOL resistors in the wiring blocks. Program the M1 normally for your house. When you want to send a test signal just short the zone with a jumper.
Finally, I ordered ELK from AO. Can't wait to see it. :eek:

v1rtu0s1ty said:
I'll just talk to my insurance company tomorrow, maybe she can give me a grace period for the certificate. I'll just buy the ELK system as soon as I get my escrow from previous sold house. I won't bother anymore asking you folks about solution.
Hey folks! I would like to apologize because some folks here got affected by my this specific post. It's not really meant that way and especially, English is not my native tongue. I've already experienced this before on email too. Words are different when you're on phone.

I'll be careful with my wordings next time.

Again, apology.

Thanks.

Neil

Back