The Ultimate DVR/PVR Software List

Have any of you seen stuttering when playing hard drive based movies? I tried formatting with smaller cluster sizes but I still see it occur.

I am using the default player so perhaps that is part of it? I had trial'd theatertek I think it was but have not gone further on my CQC setup so let it run out and uninstalled it.

The other thing I noticed on sage (using the MCE skin if it matters) is if you hit back while on a hard drive based movie it can lock up (I can't remember if it is when you are on a menu screen or not).

I have not looked at the new version though, I should do that, maybe that fixes some of this.

Well the bright side of that is that once I get back to software based players it seems it does not have that issue.

I will have to trial it again (I was not ready for it last time and frankly did not really use it).

As far as I know, Meedio (WinXP) has become freeware as of version 1.39
The latest and last version (already one year old) 1.41 does not require a key anymore. Hence it can move to the free software list.

You might want to take Xlobby off the free list as this software project has been bought by Calrad. Xlobby will be a pay software in the furture (the downloadable version now has a "time bomb" in it - soner or later you will have to pay)

Back