The Ultimate Home Automation Software List

Mark & Mark...

It appears this thread is about 4 years old, which was before the spread sheet was created and before the CT.wiki came along.
Alot of this information is in the wiki, and if any is wrong should be updated there. All CT users can update the wiki just login with your CT username and PW. If you don't want to update it but know of wrong information please PM me and I will make the changes.

While I agree the info in this thread may be old and out of date, and the wiki is nice and should be updated, the spreadsheet is not that old and it should be maintained as well. The wiki doesn't show a nice side by side matrix like the spreadsheet does so I think the spreadsheet should still be considered a pretty up to date and good source.

no list is complete without iMCA (intelligent monitor control and automation): iks-automation.com. it's completely web-based, the GUI adapts to whatever device is being used for access, the look and feel of the GUI is like a thick-client app without having to install or run anything on the client device, it supports a wide range of switching and sensing units (aviosys, irtrans, elk m1 etc) and lets anyone set easily set up automation scenarios based on time or sensor inputs without the need for coding. rock solid and stable too.

no list is complete without iMCA (intelligent monitor control and automation): iks-automation.com. it's completely web-based, the GUI adapts to whatever device is being used for access, the look and feel of the GUI is like a thick-client app without having to install or run anything on the client device, it supports a wide range of switching and sensing units (aviosys, irtrans, elk m1 etc) and lets anyone set easily set up automation scenarios based on time or sensor inputs without the need for coding. rock solid and stable too.
Interesting to know of your experience. I was one of their first clients. I'm using it to control two properties the main one is mostly based on M1 gold and Avtech the other one is entirely on Aviosys Delux. A single iMCA controls both of them and I always have real time info on both. I already use X10 and UPB in my house, but for the business we are going to install C-Bas. Interesting to see imca's performance there..

Guys,

I am making a massive update to this list (it will become a lot more useful, I promise), so if there are any apps that aren't on this list, please post them here. I really could use your help here, thanks!

I'm not sure I know where to look for the list other than in the original post, but I note that Elve by Codecore Technoligies isn't on it.

Thanks for checking the list! I should have included my new list, to make things easier. These are the apps I have on my new list:

• HomeSeer
  • CQC
  • Premise
  • HouseBot
  • Mister House
  • ActiveHome Pro
  • Adaptive Home Logic
  • Bill's Voice Commander
  • ECS
  • Harmony
  • HAL
  • Home Control Assistant
  • Home Domination
  • Girder/NetRemote
  • mControl
  • Elve
  • MainLobby
  • Power Home
  • XTension
  • Indigo
  • LinuxMCE
  • Heyu
  • iMCA
  • EventGhost

VCrib was discontinued, but that did remind me that he started a new Open Source Automation project, so I added that to the list. Will add Doberman as well, but looks like it might dead as well.

Ok so the new list is online, and is actively updated. If I missed anything, or you have any suggestions, let me know. Consider this thread 'stale/closed', but I will leave it open for comments for now.

home automation software list

I can not open the last link. Can you please put it up again, or tell me the link I will find information about the current softwares? 

Back