Trouble adding navigator keypad to ElkM1

I read through that thread. I can't really turn the gain on the amplifiers down because they are also serving as whole house audio for amazon echo devices and for TV sound in a few rooms. I don't think there is a separate input gain on the security priority input but I'll check.

I could attenuate the output in the line level conversion circuit by upping resistor value, and then crank up the voice levels in the Elk settings. I was hoping to also use the speakers all through the house to serve as sirens as well, so that wouldnt be ideal. But... it is something I could try if needed.

I added another 5kohm to the line level voltage divider and sent it to a zone that has gain set at only about 70%. Still pretty noticeable. I have some room left in the Elk voice volume setting so I'll add another 5-10k or so and see how much softer I can get the pop. At that point, siren through WHA isn't going to add much.

I'll grab a relay as well and see if that helps.

On a previous note, I received the retrofit data hub today and installed it so I'm "by the book" on that end of things now.

Well, no luck so far in improving the popping sound. 

I've wired the speaker output 1 through the output 3 relay and am attempting to create a rule that closes that relay only when the speaker output 1 becomes active. But, that does not seem to work as expected. Using a "whenever: output 1 state is turned on" does not trigger the rule to execute. It's as if output 1 is always active perhaps?

I don't see another simple way to specify this. I can trigger on zones being unsecured but there are dozens of zones and I don't see an "any zone" option. I see triggers for chime status changing, or alarm being enabled or disabled, but I don't see anything that captures the intent of "anything that would send a voice announcement out".  I'd have to piece together dozens of rules to capture everything. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this?

I see how to create a time delay before closing output 3 relay, but it's the trigger event that has me stumped.

The output relay is a double throw, meaning it has a Common (C) and if connected to the Normally Closed contact (NC) the contact between the C and NC will be on when the relay is NOT activated.  Thus the Normally Open contact (NO) will make contact between the C and NO when the relay is activated.

Just making sure you were using the correct contact on that relay.

I would just create a simple rule that turns the relay on during a keypad key press just to test if this works before banging out the code.  You could also check the timing of turning that relay on.

Yeah to start I just created a rule that closed the relay when system was armed and opened when disarmed, so I could easily toggle with a keyfob while experimenting.

That worked fine. Nothing I've tried yet works to capture any voice announcement. Doing it bit by bit would burn, maybe 30 rules or more? No, probably 60 or whatever because it seems to take 2 rules to create a timer/delay.

Back