TTS and Homeseer

upstatemike

I just watched the VCrib TTS demo video and I am now jealous of the flexibility it has for changing voices etc. I was wondering if these are done using some sort of SAPI 5 tags? Can I do the same thing in the Homeseer Speaker Application and change voices on the fly? Would apprciate any links to documentation showing how to do this.

I know that the scripting engine supports it, but I forgot the syntax. Check the scripting section in the Help file, should have all the info you want.

Hey, thanks Mike =)

When I released that video and asked for feedback, I got none from my CocoonTech buddies =(. Glad someone watched it. Not only can it switch voices, but it can do it against multiple clients (AB8SS switch and PC speaker clients) and time them together so the house can converse with itself from different rooms & audio sources. No scripting required for anything either.

Vaughn

I just watched the VCrib TTS demo video and I am now jealous of the flexibility it has for changing voices etc. I was wondering if these are done using some sort of SAPI 5 tags? Can I do the same thing in the Homeseer Speaker Application and change voices on the fly? Would apprciate any links to documentation showing how to do this.
Sure you can change the voices for TTS. My default voice is NeoSpeech Kate but I change certian announcments to use NeoSpeech Paul using:
&hs.Speak "<voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Paul 16k'>Eric. Its time to gather the garbage. </voice>"

Sure you can change the voices for TTS. My default voice is NeoSpeech Kate but I change certian announcments to use NeoSpeech Paul using:
&hs.Speak "<voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Paul 16k'>Eric. Its time to gather the garbage. </voice>"

Cool... Any way to do it from within the GUI? Can I use <voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Paul 16k'> in the Speak box of the Action List?

Cool... Any way to do it from within the GUI? Can I use <voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Paul 16k'> in the Speak box of the Action List?
I'm not sure but you can select a script from the Action List and use the oneliner that I posted.

[&hs.Speak "<voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Paul 16k'>Eric. Its time to gather the garbage. </voice>"

Rupp...

Does that one-liner change it for all speach from that point on.. or just for that hs.speak command? ... (i.e. .. do you have to change it back if you want the next hs.speak to use the default?)

Andrew

[&hs.Speak "<voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Paul 16k'>Eric. Its time to gather the garbage. </voice>"

Rupp...

Does that one-liner change it for all speach from that point on.. or just for that hs.speak command? ... (i.e. .. do you have to change it back if you want the next hs.speak to use the default?)

Andrew
It changes it just for that speak command.

Back