Universal Home Remote

MrGibbage

My cars both have a three-button "Universal Home Remote" system. Supposedly I can program those three buttons to do more than just open my garage door. Anyone have any ideas how to do this? I guess I would need some sort of receiver that I can connect to my HA system (Elk M1G/PC control)???

If this is the HomeLink device, there are several threads on the HomeSeer message board on how users set this up. Here's one example.

That was it. I did not realize that this was a homelink system. I wouldn't have known it except for one note in the owners manual to refer to homelink.com for more information. They kept on calling it the "Universal Home Remote" (their capitalization). Thanks! I think I can get there from here now.

I use my GM truck's 3 button remote... I just programmed it by using the normal garage remote - and presto!

Mine works great for the garage door, but I wanted to integrate it with my HA system. Like to arm the system from the car, or to turn on lights and stuff. That will require a receiver. I found this one:

http://www.eurohomelink.com/PDF-Download/manuals/Universalempfaenger_UK.pdf

but I will have to find my own power supply/wall wart since here in the US 230V is kinda hard to come by. I don't know if there are alternatives (still looking), and I'm not really sure how it works. I see the "output channels", but it doesn't say if they are just NO/NC contacts or if they are meant to be connected to some proprietary homelink device. If they are just NO/NC connections, I can definitely hook it up to my security system.

Back