• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

electron

Administrator
Staff member
As you can tell, I have been really busy so I haven't had much time to continue working on CocoonTech 2.0. It is still a high priority, and I am working on it whenever I can, but things are going too slow to my liking. So I started thinking, should I go ahead and upgrade the forum software? There are plenty of reasons to do this (many new features such as multiple attachments etc), but the problem is that the new 'theme' isn't ready yet, so the board will be using the standard blue colors you see on many other sites. It would probably make it easier to work on CocoonTech 2.0 as well since I don't have to keep using a test copy, but at the same time, I don't want the site to look boring.

What do you guys think, should I do the upgrade?

I trust you also but I can wait. If everyone else says yes then go ahead but I said no because I don't see the rush. Perhaps if you described some of the perks then maybe I would change my mind. I think you may take away from the enviroment if you put something up that isnt complete.

I like it just fine as is.

Don't remember from a previous post of your, what some of the improvements would be though.

If you are taking requests, would it be possible to have a PDA friendly version?
I have NO idea what would be involved in doing this? :)

Well, I *do* care about the look. In particular, I'd like you to make the forum readable. The current font, size, and color scheme all conspire to make it very difficult to read.

markthomas said:
Well, I *do* care about the look. In particular, I'd like you to make the forum readable. The current font, size, and color scheme all conspire to make it very difficult to read.
Squintz said:
I think the current look and format are perfect.
On the machines I typically use to access the site, the color scheme is ok. On others, however, the black text on gray background is not particularly easy to read.

My only complaint would be that the current forum includes a web no-no: font sizes specified in pixels, not points (can't be adjusted by the user).

considering that most of you don't care, I will probably hold off, and do it the right way (the way I had it planned). The new look will be much better and efficient, so hopefully it will make everyone happy.

Back