Haiku Using Amazon Alexa devices (Echo, Dot, Tap, etc.) with HAI

I have no idea :) Which webserver?  We aren't talking abiout Haiku's webserver right? I didn't install another one? I do have the web directory so now what?  How can this be so hard. What docs did you follow initially because I feel bad you are holding my hand?

I forget what the apache server defaults to but it may be 8001. Try that before I find out how to change it.

The ports used by the webserver (apache), the bridge, and Haiku are all distinct. The Echo talks to the bridge which in turn talks to the webserver (via those urls) which in turn talks to HH which in turn talks to the HAI. Simple, right? (LOL)

Yes I am starting to understand.  I got apache running (question will it always restart or is this another manual thing I have to run?) now I need to get PHP working I guess because the php file isn't running or being processed

I don't think I followed any docs, but it did take a little while to work it out. First make sure you have the webserver working. The make sure that when you call the URL that talks to HH, it does what you want. The add the device(s) and url(s) to the bridge. Then ask Alexa to discover the devices.

Ok I uncommented the PHP - which was hard because I am using brackets and i Had to run it as sudo.  I will eventually document this for the next shmuck who bothers to try this.  The php file now renders nothing so I think thats a good sign.  Im going to go try some more stuff.  Thanks!

Ok so now I can control the lights with a webpage.  Now whats my next step :) Get Amazon to find new devices right?

From your Alexa app on your phone, go to Settings, Smart Home, Discover Devices. If the bridge is working, it should say it found devices. At that point you can ask Alexa to turn on/off the device

Back