UV Index Meter Now Available

I wasn't sure how I would interface the 1-wire stuff, but I think I am narrowing it down to either my OpenWRT based router, or a Barionet controller.

I am also looking for a 1-wire based Time Shifter, as I don't seem to have enough time for all my projects :(

That's some really cool stuff. I guess it's time to setup a 1-wire network.

Dan,

What are you waiting for :)

Eric

Eric, will you be offering a kit and boards in the future?

We won't be offering kits or boards for this one as the 1-Wire slave (a PIC chip) requires firmware which we are not releasing and some of the parts on this board are very difficult to hand solder.

Eric

I wasn't sure how I would interface the 1-wire stuff, but I think I am narrowing it down to either my OpenWRT based router, or a Barionet controller.

I am also looking for a 1-wire based Time Shifter, as I don't seem to have enough time for all my projects :(

We are working on a 1-Wire time shifter but it only seems to shift forward and it ends up with us having less time not more :)

I would use OWFS on the OpenWRT router. I'm not sure how fast the Barionet would be updated to support our new UV Index Meter. But OWFS is a very active project and they are good at adding support for new devices quickly.

Eric

One more question (sorry about going offtopic here): Is there a preferred router when it comes to OWFS?

Some say "You can't bottle time".
Others say "Yes you can. Trouble is you can't create it, so those who worked out the trick have to get their supply from somewhere/one else. Guess where/who?" :)

I hope I'm joking!

David

Dan, caution here -- I think the Barionet as shipped will support 1-wire temperature sensors only, according to the spec. Yes it has 1-wire hardware on board, so maybe it can be programmed to talk to other flavors, but I do not know. We will have to ask Adam. Dave

Eric,

Sweet.

Saw this is the manual: "All Hobby Boards custom 1-Wire devices will have a family code of either 0xEE or 0xEF." This implies there might be some other cool custom 1-wire devices from Hobby-Boards in the future :lol: . Want to give us a teaser or two?

I was also wondering what happened to the PIR Mini-motion detector.

Keep up the good work!

Eric,

Sweet.

Saw this is the manual: "All Hobby Boards custom 1-Wire devices will have a family code of either 0xEE or 0xEF." This implies there might be some other cool custom 1-wire devices from Hobby-Boards in the future :lol: . Want to give us a teaser or two?

I was also wondering what happened to the PIR Mini-motion detector.

Keep up the good work!

No teasers at the moment. I have announced too many ideas that either took me way too long to release or never saw the light of day. But be assured that we have some cool new ideas brewing.

The Mini Motion Detector is on hold because since I have to buy the sensors from Japan in Yen and with the fall of the dollar it made them too expensive. I'm sure it will be released again someday.

Eric

Back