Vista 20P output 17 trigger programming

box986

I am trying to figure out the programming for fields *79 and *80 to have the output trigger only go on when I am armed away (it is for a relay that shuts my water off). Hoping someone can list the steps for fields 79 & 80 to make this happen. It would have to stay triggered all the time when armed so the relay stays open.

Also. does output 17 have enough juice to pull a 12V Bosch-type relay or do I need to add an auxiliary 12V source?

Thanks!

This video might help explain how to program the output triggers.

Output 17 can drive a relay that requires 100 mA or less.  My preference is to use alarm panel outputs to drive relays with low current requirements, such as the Elk 924 or Altronix RBSNTTL. If those relay contacts can't handle your load requirements, use it as an intermediate relay. 

Put a snubber diode in reverse polarity across the relay's coil to prevent a kick back spike when the relay is de-energized.  If you blow the alarm panel's output, it means replacing the panel. 

RAL said:
This video might help explain how to program the output triggers.

Put a snubber diode in reverse polarity across the relay's coil to prevent a kick back spike when the relay is de-energized.  If you blow the alarm panel's output, it means replacing the panel. 
Ok, thanks for the tip on using a snubber diode.  Video does help but still a little confused about having to select a zone or zone type?  I just want trigger 17 on when armed.   

box986 said:
Ok, thanks for the tip on using a snubber diode.  Video does help but still a little confused about having to select a zone or zone type?  I just want trigger 17 on when armed.   
My guess is that for field 80, you select Activated By: 2 (Zone Type).  Then under the "B" prompt, you would select 21 (Armed - Away).

Note how the "B" options are split into two groups: "Choices for Zone Types" which has a list of true zone types, such as Perimeter, etc, and then a second group labeled "Choices for System Operation" which has choices such as Armed - Away.   These aren't really zone types, but they picked  a set of values that don't conflict with the real zone types.  Confusing way of doing it! It would be more clear if under the "Activated By" field, they had an option for "System Operations" and then had a separate list instead of mixing them in with zone types.

Back