zone programming on ademco vista 20p

xtremeaudioaz

Hello all! I have a Ademco Vista 20p with a honeywell 6150rf keypad.. I have programmed 90% of the system using the 6150rf keypad however i can not for the life of me figure out how to program the entry and exit zones.. all sensors are working and i need to change a few zones for entry and exit and cant figure it out. i want to program my garage door for entry and exit and have read the programming manual im using *56 but cant figure out how to change or even get the zones to show me how they are programmed now... Please help this 6150rf keypad is not alphanumeric and its a nightmare so far..I have one door that was allready programmed for entry and exit however its the wrong door and other doors need to be programmed for entry and exit when i go into *56 model just the 01 displays i try to change it to the zone i want to program but once i get the zone displayed nothing else comes up all help is appreciated thank you in advance!

when i am entering program mode i am disconnectin power and pressing *# at the same time.. i havent figured out when or how to use the installer code of 4112 i have tried but does nothing maybe protection one changed the code?? my contract is over and i own my equiptment outright so voiding a warranty is not a problem...been at this zone programming for three days now and losing patience fast

Hello all! I have a Ademco Vista 20p with a honeywell 6150rf keypad.. I have programmed 90% of the system using the 6150rf keypad however i can not for the life of me figure out how to program the entry and exit zones.. all sensors are working and i need to change a few zones for entry and exit and cant figure it out. i want to program my garage door for entry and exit and have read the programming manual im using *56 but cant figure out how to change or even get the zones to show me how they are programmed now... Please help this 6150rf keypad is not alphanumeric and its a nightmare so far..I have one door that was allready programmed for entry and exit however its the wrong door and other doors need to be programmed for entry and exit when i go into *56 model just the 01 displays i try to change it to the zone i want to program but once i get the zone displayed nothing else comes up all help is appreciated thank you in advance!

when i am entering program mode i am disconnectin power and pressing *# at the same time.. i havent figured out when or how to use the installer code of 4112 i have tried but does nothing maybe protection one changed the code?? my contract is over and i own my equiptment outright so voiding a warranty is not a problem...been at this zone programming for three days now and losing patience fast

I had one of these in my house before, I installed it for my sister at her house. It's a pain to program and use. You cannot program it with anything but a 6160 alphanumeric keypad. You probably won't find many Vista 20p users on this forum.

In any case, you hold # and * within 30 seconds of powering up, and you need to use the 6160 keypad. From there you will enter programming mode and you can set zone characteristics. Your installer code could also be 6321.

The Vista 20p can indeed be programmed with a 6150rf. I have done it many times. However, it is very cryptic and way too difficult to explain in this forum. I will give you one small hint and that is all I will say about this topic.

If you are into programming mode the first thing you'll see is "20". If you dont see "20" your are not in. If you use *# and get in the 4112 is not needed. Once you have "20", then you can do *56* to get to zone programming. Many register entries are not visible when using the 6150, so you just have to * through them.

Still, without experience, I recommemd you use a 6160, or just let a pro do it. That is all you get on this one.

Well you were right! I managed to program the zones using the 6150rf keypad and all zones work great not the only thing im getting is the Check bf code i believe thats bell fault...i do have a siren connected with no resistor but im gonna disconnect and try a resister over the terminals and see if it clears....thanks for all your help!

Well you were right! I managed to program the zones using the 6150rf keypad and all zones work great not the only thing im getting is the Check bf code i believe thats bell fault...i do have a siren connected with no resistor but im gonna disconnect and try a resister over the terminals and see if it clears....thanks for all your help!
Wow. You did good. I thought for sure, that mistakes wouyld be made and this would be a long drawn out discussion.

Speaking of mistakes.......the "bf" code may be one, but what the heck, you get one more hint.

"bf" is long range radio fault. You may have inadvertantly changed some registers which should not have been changed. I assume you are not using long range radio, correct? If so, check these registers and change them if necessary.

*29 set to 0
*48 set to 7 (assuming contact ID reporting)
*54 set to 0
*55 set to 0

Good luck.

Actually the "check bf" code was present before any programming started.... I do have a built in dialer and a wireless dialer as well. When you say long range radio i assume youre refering to the wireless dialer which i do believe in no longer activated to dial... I have not looked into how to turn that off yet....

Back