Vizia RF remote dimming control out of sync issues

johnnynine

I have a few Vizia RF 1 button Matching Dimming Remote switches that each control a different Vizia RF dimmer switch. All the switches turn the lights on and off as they should. I have the dimming switches set to use NO FADE so they turn on and off immediately. However I notice that when I turn a light on or off the corresponding matching dimming switch shows the led bar going slowly up or down even though the light is either all the way on or off since there is no fade.

When using a dimming remote switch, how do I get the led bar to not indicate there is a fade?

I have a few Vizia RF 1 button Matching Dimming Remote switches that each control a different Vizia RF dimmer switch. All the switches turn the lights on and off as they should. I have the dimming switches set to use NO FADE so they turn on and off immediately. However I notice that when I turn a light on or off the corresponding matching dimming switch shows the led bar going slowly up or down even though the light is either all the way on or off since there is no fade.

When using a dimming remote switch, how do I get the led bar to not indicate there is a fade?

What are the model numbers that you are using?

If you are using the RZI06-1LX and a VZ00R-1LX (LED's) then that is your problem they are not made to work together. If you want to use an RZI06-1LX in a hardwired 3-way, you have to use the VZ00R-10X (no LED's). If you want to have the LED's on both the master and the remote, you have to use the RZI06-1LX and the RZCZ1-1LX in a virtual 3-way.

If you already are using the RZCZ1-1LX, I will have to look into it more.

Thanks,

I am using the RZI06-1LX and the RZCS1-1LX. I have several instances of this and it doesn't matter if I turn the light on/off from the load switch or the remote, the led bar on the controller(non-load) always indicates that there is a dimming/brightening action when in fact the light is set for no fade and indeed is not fading.

If you want to have the LED's on both the master and the remote, you have to use the RZI06-1LX and the RZCS1-1LX in a virtual 3-way.

If you already are using the RZCS1-1LX, I will have to look into it more.

Are you sure he is supposed to use a RZCS1-1LX at the other virtual end? I thouht that functioned as a non-dimming switch. From the docs for that device:

The Vizia-RF 1-Scene Controller/Matching Switch Remote is
ideal for remote ON/OFF control of a single scene of Vizia-RF
devices. The device also can act as a Matching Switch Remote,
providing virtual 3-Way and multi-location remote ON/OFF
control of a selected RF Switch without the need for traditional
3-Way wiring or a dedicated traveler wire.

I think for dimming at both ends the device at the virtual end should be a RZCZ1. From those docs:

The Vizia-RF 1-Zone Dimming Controller/Matching Dimming
Remote is ideal for remote ON/OFF/DIM/BRIGHT control of a
single zone of Vizia-RF scene-capable devices. Controlled lighting
can react individually or as part of a zone of lights to provide an
elegant and convenient “one-touch” lighting experience. The
device also can act as a Matching Dimming Remote, providing
3-Way, multi-location or virtual 3-Way remote ON/OFF/DIM/
BRIGHT control of a selected RF dimmer without the need for
traditional 3-Way wiring or a dedicated traveler wire.

If you want to have the LED's on both the master and the remote, you have to use the RZI06-1LX and the RZCS1-1LX in a virtual 3-way.

If you already are using the RZCS1-1LX, I will have to look into it more.

Are you sure he is supposed to use a RZCS1-1LX at the other virtual end? I thouht that functioned as a non-dimming switch. From the docs for that device:

The Vizia-RF 1-Scene Controller/Matching Switch Remote is
ideal for remote ON/OFF control of a single scene of Vizia-RF
devices. The device also can act as a Matching Switch Remote,
providing virtual 3-Way and multi-location remote ON/OFF
control of a selected RF Switch without the need for traditional
3-Way wiring or a dedicated traveler wire.

I think for dimming at both ends the device at the virtual end should be a RZCZ1. From those docs:

The Vizia-RF 1-Zone Dimming Controller/Matching Dimming
Remote is ideal for remote ON/OFF/DIM/BRIGHT control of a
single zone of Vizia-RF scene-capable devices. Controlled lighting
can react individually or as part of a zone of lights to provide an
elegant and convenient “one-touch” lighting experience. The
device also can act as a Matching Dimming Remote, providing
3-Way, multi-location or virtual 3-Way remote ON/OFF/DIM/
BRIGHT control of a selected RF dimmer without the need for
traditional 3-Way wiring or a dedicated traveler wire.

I have corrected my original post, it is supposed to be the RZCZ1-1LX and not the RZCS1-1LX. Not that is wouldn't work, but if you want LED's then you need to use the RZCZ1-1LX.

Thanks,

Well whichever one I have, it's obviously the one with the LEDs. :p

Sorry if I posted the wrong model #.

The one-zone companions do ramp their LEDs at a constant rate--which is a good reassurance to the user that the lights are turning on/off.

That said, there may or may not be a configuration option to change the ramp rate of the indicator itself. Have you contacted Leviton to see if they have a configuration parameter available? If they don't, it sounds like a great feature request to me.

Chris

Well whichever one I have, it's obviously the one with the LEDs. :)

Sorry if I posted the wrong model #.

The one-zone companions do ramp their LEDs at a constant rate--which is a good reassurance to the user that the lights are turning on/off.

That said, there may or may not be a configuration option to change the ramp rate of the indicator itself. Have you contacted Leviton to see if they have a configuration parameter available? If they don't, it sounds like a great feature request to me.

Chris
No I just assumed the remote's leds would ramp up at the same rate as the load switch's leds. In my case I have the ramp rate set to no fade (instant on/off), so it's quite obvious when I turn the light on via either switch and the light comes on to 100% immediately but the remote's leds slowly go from 0 to 100%.

Back