ViziaRF Elk / RZCOP issues with one dimmer

shenandoah75

I have one node that seems rather tempermental with Elk control.... I've got front porch on Node 24, it's timed along with others. And rarely does it come on when scheduled (the others always do). I can try to use the m1exp browser and click the on/off button or slide up and down and like 95%+ of the time, it doesn't respond, though sometimes/rarely it does after repeated attempts.

It's in the same jbox as another dimmer which responds with near ir not total perfection... The Leviton remote never fails me either on this same node (from even greater distance but also when i initiate from same location as the rzcop (in my closet - same floor, 10' away)

I will try using hyperterm or Johnny9's apps to initiate over the rzcop when i get some more time tomorrow, but anyone had similar issues?

i had bumped global level i ndecovery setting to -2db, but to no avail...

thx in advance
-brad

I have one node that seems rather tempermental with Elk control.... I've got front porch on Node 24, it's timed along with others. And rarely does it come on when scheduled (the others always do). I can try to use the m1exp browser and click the on/off button or slide up and down and like 95%+ of the time, it doesn't respond, though sometimes/rarely it does after repeated attempts.

It's in the same jbox as another dimmer which responds with near ir not total perfection... The Leviton remote never fails me either on this same node (from even greater distance but also when i initiate from same location as the rzcop (in my closet - same floor, 10' away)

I will try using hyperterm or Johnny9's apps to initiate over the rzcop when i get some more time tomorrow, but anyone had similar issues?

i had bumped global level i ndecovery setting to -2db, but to no avail...

thx in advance
-brad

My first guess is a routing problem. I assume you've already rebuilt the network? I'm curious what the hyperterm results are... this is the best way to determine if that device is reachable.

is the RZCOP/Elk combination more or less ready to go?? I'd like to see some concise set of directions on how to get this working.

My first guess is a routing problem. I assume you've already rebuilt the network? I'm curious what the hyperterm results are... this is the best way to determine if that device is reachable.

Works fine from realterm... Location of RXCOP is unchanged - all i did was run the serial to my laptop, tried many times, all were successful and pretty much immediate (here's the terminal dump of the last run)... (porch is the problem). The only time i can cause a problem from terminal session is trying to rapidly put in a bunch of commands simultaneously where it seems they get queued and don't respond immediately.

Living Room
-----------
>N7ON
<E000
<X000
<E000
<N070:044,002,000

>N7OFF
<E000
<X000
<E000

Porch
-----
>N24OFF
<E000
<X000
<E000

>N24ON
<E000
<X000
<E000

Btw - can you clarify "rebuild the network"? I think i remember leviton walking me through this a while ago, it's not the discovery option where you set the db level right?

Back