VR using AP800 questions

eh, oh, I didn't realize XP had a VR engine.

Let me research that and see what it would look like to do a direct interface, even if a driver needs to be written. I would really prefer to minimize the # of apps I have to go through in order to get this done. I know Vista has the VR Stuff, but I have an app that vista doesn't play nice with on every server in the house so that's not an option.

eh, oh, I didn't realize XP had a VR engine.

Let me research that and see what it would look like to do a direct interface, even if a driver needs to be written. I would really prefer to minimize the # of apps I have to go through in order to get this done. I know Vista has the VR Stuff, but I have an app that vista doesn't play nice with on every server in the house so that's not an option.

Vista and XP both have VR built-in, but like most things, I hear that the VR in XP is better than the "improved" one in VISTA. Microsoft provides a free SDK which can be downloaded from them. I use HomeSeer which provides extensive VR support.

For VR, what works best is a good mic close to the speaking person. Once you get to "open air" mics, VR ability goes down, especially if the room has tile or solid floors. In a room with carpet, I can usually command the system from about 15 feet away.

I noticed that Girder has a TCP/IP Communications feature that it advertises. I could not locate any documentation about it tho. Does anyone know where to download more info about it?

Check their forums, but it is extremely easy to use, I used it back in the days to have multiple PC's talk to each other.

Back