Way2Call Modem are back in stock

You can use any voice modem with HS for callerID if you use a script that parses callerID. It sure is nice being able to use the modem as a mic though. It's also nice having multiple mail boxes with 2 teen agers.

Here is a link to more information on the Way2Call modem.

http://www.way2call.com/frame2.htm

It states there is an SDK available. It does have some fairly powerful features (that the HAL modem does not have), so I'll admit I was a little hastey in dismissing it because of it's price.

One feature it has that many HAL users wish they had is the ability to que an incoming call while it identifies the caller ID and then put the call to voicemail, disconnect or release it to your local phones.

But over $300?? If paying $95 for the HAL modem brought a few tears to my eyes, buying the Way2Call would probably induce convulsions and the severe wrath of SWMBO!

Rupp said:
You can use any voice modem with HS for callerID if you use a script that parses callerID. It sure is nice being able to use the modem as a mic though. It's also nice having multiple mail boxes with 2 teen agers.
I had all that with my $30 modem.

Skibum said:
Rupp said:
I had all that with my $30 modem.
Adjusted for inflation and gas price adjustments the HAL modem isn't too bad.

No realli! She was Karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened end
of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law -an Oslo
dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo
Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

Back