WebControl: $35 Web- and email-enabled data acquisition and control

It would indeed be helpful if all existing DS18B20 would work.
I'm encountering much lower voltages on pin 1 than expected namely 2.7V

Also I do wonder when the device may put into sleep reducing the 170mA...
Sounds like you are running afoul of the new diode they put on the port power. Take a look at the photo on my web page to see how to fix that. Basically they switched from 3.3v to the 5v. You cut the 3.3v power to the diode and tap in the 5v.

My WebControl page

Sounds like you are running afoul of the new diode they put on the port power. Take a look at the photo on my web page to see how to fix that. Basically they switched from 3h.3v to the 5v. You cut the 3.3v power to the diode and tap in the 5v.

My WebControl page

Hi Neil,

I read with interest your page on the Webcontrol.

Note that the humidity input is for for an analog output device, not 1-wire as you write.

As I indicated in introductory post in this thread, I confirmed three years ago that it works with the HIH-3600 as well as the specified HIH-4000 humidity sensor . These are both nominal 0-5vdc supply ( = 'excitation') with nominally linear 0-~4.5vdc output.

So any device with 5vdc supply and 0- ~ 5vdc output can be used within the limits of needing to account for differences in calibration.

For example, one could connect an ambient light sensor such as a Panasonic PNA4603H or Toshiba TPS852 (with load resistor) .

Conversely, one could also connect HIH-xxx humidity sensors to the other three analog inputs if four humidity sensors were needed.

HTH ... Marc

I'm currently working on puting together a cheap way to monitor ocupancy in a bathroom at work...... Lots of people sharing a bathroom and we're tired of walking across the building and the single bathroom being ocupied. Anyways - I'm looking at a simple PIR hooked up to one of the CAI WebControl devices. I don't have any problem hooking up sensors, soldering here and there so it should be doable - does this seem feasible? Any recommendations of cheap sensors? I know PIR's are subjective and there are many different types - we're basically looking for a basic one that would need to function with accuracy of no more than 10ft.

Thanks to all in advance :)

Hi Neil,

I read with interest your page on the Webcontrol.

Note that the humidity input is for for an analog output device, not 1-wire as you write.

As I indicated in introductory post in this thread, I confirmed three years ago that it works with the HIH-3600 as well as the specified HIH-4000 humidity sensor . These are both nominal 0-5vdc supply ( = 'excitation') with nominally linear 0-~4.5vdc output.

So any device with 5vdc supply and 0- ~ 5vdc output can be used within the limits of needing to account for differences in calibration.

For example, one could connect an ambient light sensor such as a Panasonic PNA4603H or Toshiba TPS852 (with load resistor) .

Conversely, one could also connect HIH-xxx humidity sensors to the other three analog inputs if four humidity sensors were needed.

HTH ... Marc

Hi Marc, sorry for the huge delay I just went through some job 'issues' and I'm just starting to recover (I have a new job, thank God!). I'll try to update this thread a little later. I'm about 4 weeks behind in all my stuff.

Thanks for the correction on the humidity sensors and the extra information.

[

For ON-OFF using browser

1) Make sure that "Web Login Enabled" is disabled and that "Browser Control" is enabled on (eg) TTL1 output setup page.

2) Where xx is address ( default =15 if not dhcp'd)

To turn ON TTL1 'browse' to http://192.168.1.xx/setoutps.cgi?0000W11=TTL1+ON
To turn OFF TTL1 'browse' to http://192.168.1.xx/setoutps.cgi?0000W11=TTL1+OFF

Trying to post instructions on how to use the utility w g e t (one word) values returns a 404 error when I try to preview or submit post. I will add to subsequent post after I figger a way around this forum bug.

No. The message is specified text up to 96 characters upon change of state. But of course the email message, once received, could in turn
evoke a query to get the information.

HTH ... Marc

I can't seem to get this to work. Is the version 3 different? I disabled web login and the browser control is enabled. I am using 192.168.1.15 and port 80. I get a page not found error and the output stays off.

I can't seem to get this to work. Is the version 3 different? I disabled web login and the browser control is enabled. I am using 192.168.1.15 and port 80. I get a page not found error and the output stays off.

Hi Lou,

By "this", in your first sentence do you mean that you entered the url as shown in the post that was abbreviated/broken with an elipsis (...) by the Coccoon Tech forum interface? If so, substitute ' setoups.cgi? ' for the ' ... ' characters.

Also, the abbreviated string should expand to the full string if you click on it.
Also, check by looking in the manual.

Hope This Helps ... Marc
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...om&txt=http://192.168.1.xx/...0000W11=TTL1+ON

Hi guys (I'm back).:blink:

I have V3.00.9 and here's the URL to turn off Output 1:

http://webcontrol/ap...882451180712808

(you web server and this /api/setttloutput.cgi?output=1&state=0?rand=0.9882451180712808 )

The rand can be any number but it's best not to repeat if the application has a cache, otherwise it's not needed.

Hi guys (I'm back).:blink:

I have V3.00.9 and here's the URL to turn off Output 1:

http://webcontrol/ap...882451180712808

(you web server and this /api/setttloutput.cgi?output=1&state=0?rand=0.9882451180712808 )

The rand can be any number but it's best not to repeat if the application has a cache, otherwise it's not needed.

Wooohooo! Success. Thanks!

How do you know this stuff???? Is there documentation somewhere that tells us this?

Also, any ideas on why I can't get the email to send. I have tried my godaddy mail server which allows port 25 non-ssl email and every time I hit "test", CAI confirms that it sent an email but I never get one. Checked junk folder too. I know my username/password and smtp url are all correct. I even tried looking up the dns for smtpout.secureserver.net (go daddys) and put the ip number instead.

Wooohooo! Success. Thanks!

How do you know this stuff???? Is there documentation somewhere that tells us this?
I used Wireshark to sniff the communications. I setup a filter to watch for IP packets that are destined for the webcontrol board (I have wireshark on the machine with the browser). Knowing my protocols I can then watch the conversation (or be sneaky and stop the trace once I'm confident that the communication has happened and use the follow tcp stream function). I can then determine what's going on.

linuxha,

I think you are just a tiny bit ahead of me on this stuff (if you haven't detected sarcasm, read it again with sarcasm in mind).

Have you figured out any other http commands? Perhaps something that returns the state of an output or input without gettinng all the other stuff that the gui sends back?

Also, you don't have any idea why I can't get my email working do you? I suppose it could be something with godaddy, but I don't know what other mail server to use for smtp port 25.

Thanks,
Lou

linuxha,

I think you are just a tiny bit ahead of me on this stuff (if you haven't detected sarcasm, read it again with sarcasm in mind).

Have you figured out any other http commands? Perhaps something that returns the state of an output or input without gettinng all the other stuff that the gui sends back?

Also, you don't have any idea why I can't get my email working do you? I suppose it could be something with godaddy, but I don't know what other mail server to use for smtp port 25.

Thanks,
Lou

Sorry sometimes I get too serious and miss subtle hints (my wife now use very large subtle hints - 10lb hammer large subtle hints).

BTW, your ISP might block port 25 (I know Comcast does). We have to use alternate ports to access outside mail services.

I did have the information some where. I'm not sure where I put it. I should have my new work bench up within a week. I still need to run networking and cable up the terminal server. Then I'll be ready to start playing again (and I'll need that information).

BTW, Mark's URL is for WebControls without the PLC support. The firmware I have is with the PLC code.

Here's how you can put all the information into xml:

http://webcontrol.uu...621719880887507

or

/api/status.xml?rand=0.8621719880887507

It (status.xml) then looks like this:

<response>
<op1>0</op1>
<op2>0</op2>
<op3>0</op3>
<op4>0</op4>
<op5>0</op5>
<op6>0</op6>
<op7>0</op7>
<op8>0</op8>
<ophex>0x00</ophex>
<var1>0</var1>
<var2>0</var2>
<var3>0</var3>
<var4>0</var4>
<var5>0</var5>
<var6>0</var6>
<var7>0</var7>
<var8>0</var8>
<ip1>0</ip1>
<ip2>0</ip2>
<ip3>0</ip3>
<ip4>0</ip4>
<ip5>0</ip5>
<ip6>0</ip6>
<ip7>0</ip7>
<ip8>0</ip8>
<ts1>2.5 C</ts1>
<ts2>2.7 C</ts2>
<ts3>unbound</ts3>
<ts4>unbound</ts4>
<ts5>unbound</ts5>
<ts6>unbound</ts6>
<ts7>unbound</ts7>
<ts8>unbound</ts8>
<tstat1>ok</tstat1>
<tstat2>ok</tstat2>
<tstat3>unbound</tstat3>
<tstat4>unbound</tstat4>
<tstat5>unbound</tstat5>
<tstat6>unbound</tstat6>
<tstat7>unbound</tstat7>
<tstat8>unbound</tstat8>
<romcode1>102110420008</romcode1>
<romcode2>10B26B070000</romcode2>
<romcode3>000000000000</romcode3>
<romcode4>000000000000</romcode4>
<romcode5>000000000000</romcode5>
<romcode6>000000000000</romcode6>
<romcode7>000000000000</romcode7>
<romcode8>000000000000</romcode8>
<hs1>0 %</hs1>
<aip1>454</aip1>
<aip2>0</aip2>
<aip3>0</aip3>
<aip4>0</aip4>
<aip5></aip5>
<aip6></aip6>
<aip7></aip7>
<aip8></aip8>
<date>06/04/2011</date>
<time>18:37:53</time>
<datetime>06/04/2011 18:37:53</datetime>
<ipaddr>192.168.1.14</ipaddr>
<macaddr>00:22:12:01:02:DC53</macaddr>
<name>WEBCONTROL </name>
</response>

Thank you for the added info.

As far as the email, port 25 works from outlook, so ISP not blocking, but a good thought.

I just tried the url you sent for pulling the xml data, and I saw you had .uucp after the ip of the cai. I had to delete that to get it to work. Is that an accident from cut and paste or is there something I am missing?

Thank you for the added info.

As far as the email, port 25 works from outlook, so ISP not blocking, but a good thought.

I just tried the url you sent for pulling the xml data, and I saw you had .uucp after the ip of the cai. I had to delete that to get it to work. Is that an accident from cut and paste or is there something I am missing?
Sorry, that's my home domain. :blush: I've been using that since around 1992 when I had a machine on UUCP (part of the early Internet, sort of). I have my own DNS to resolve the host names. I have too many devices to remember all the addresses and IPv6 is not helping it one bit.:wacko:

Is there a rain gauge that would work with one of the digital inputs?

The digital inputs are either on or off, so if you just wanted to know that it rained more or less than a certain amount, you can hook up one of the sprinkler shut off rain gauges they have at HD and set it for the amount you want.

If you used one of the analog inputs you could get an amount of rain, not just more/less than a certain amount. Not being a meteorologist, I don't know what is on the market as far as that is concerned, but it would have to vary the voltage output based on some scale, like 0 volts being no rain and 5 volts being maybe 5 or 10 inches of rain. There would also need to be a way to reset it every 24 hours or whatever you choose.

Back