Welcome to HomeZix

HomeVista

Supports multiple technologies (currently Zwave, Insteon, and X10). HomeZIX enables automation features from different technologies working together to achieve broader functionality for your home automation.

Easy to use. Simply drag-and-drop automation components on top of your house's floor plan to build your automation network.

Interactive and intuitive. Device status and control are visual and interactive. User can also customize appearance of devices.

Supports IP web-based cameras. Populate unlimited numbers of IP web-based camera throughout the house to see what is going on in real-time.

Simple and Intuitive Zwave thermostat scheduling. Easily create multiple set-points to maximize the comfort of your home.

Virtual devices. HomeZIX introduces virtual switches and dimmers which provide greater flexibility to work with multiple devices.

Multiple and Independent Scripts. HomeZIX supports multiple scripts. Each one can run independently to control a specific task.

Especially, powerful advanced scripting capability. HomeZIX includes everything to compose, compile and run automation logic in C#, VB, the most powerful and popular programming languages. HomeZIX also makes it simple enough so that you don't have to know all about C#, VB programming. With just a few simple lines of code, you can create very sophisticated control automation.

Everyone can download free trial here http://www.automationvista.com/Default.aspx

HomeZix is creating a new chance for C# developers. Those developers now can control their houses by creating smart macros in C# on-the-fly.

HomeZix is creating a new chance for C# developers. Those developers now can control their houses by creating smart macros in C# on-the-fly.

I like my Elk. Also, you dont need HomeZix to create C# programs, but nice hobby program.

Of course, we will not use HomeZix to create C# programs. However, the feature of cooperating on-the-fly C# macros with populated home appliances will facilitate developers alot to control home appliances.

We also very happy to announce that HomeZix has exceeded more than 110 downloads in a short time. This is an encouraging number for us.

Thanks,

Can you tell us what the future plans are for this project? Are you looking to add more internal logic and configurations for the non-scripting folks? Are you looking to add VR, TTS and other applications, or are those things going to be done though other apps/C# scripts? As for Insteon, are you supporting all Insteon features like cross-linking, DB management, or just able to control Insteon Devices?

Vaughn

Can you tell us what the future plans are for this project? Are you looking to add more internal logic and configurations for the non-scripting folks? Are you looking to add VR, TTS and other applications, or are those things going to be done though other apps/C# scripts? As for Insteon, are you supporting all Insteon features like cross-linking, DB management, or just able to control Insteon Devices?

Vaughn
To Vaughn:
Thank you very much for your questions. We can reveal to you (and other people) that:
- Beside C# scripts, we do support internal logic macro programming. You can use a vast of logic blocks to create smart macros beside C# script. I bet you will be surprised about this.
- About VR and TTS, we regret that we do not plan to integrate those features in the next introduction later this year.
- Regarding Insteon, we do support cross-linking, DB management and some other features.

And some more very interesting functions. You can read more here: http://www.automationvista.com/News.aspx?id=11

Thanks and best regards,

- Beside C# scripts, we do support internal logic macro programming. You can use a vast of logic blocks to create smart macros beside C# script. I bet you will be surprised about this.

Ah, I see your advanced features now, got confused by the free version. I am jealous of the GUI macros, HCS has those too, wish I had time to make something like that =)

If you don't mind be asking some behind the scenes questions: How long has this software been in development? How many people have been involved with the development? Did you stumble into any patent issues that you had to design around? Just curious what it takes to achieve a professional development product development like yours.

Thanks!
Vaughn

To Vaughn,

Firstly, We must say we are pleased to answer all your questions and others' questions. So please feel free to discuss with us everything about home automation.

- About GUI macros, I bet you will find our GUI macros go beyond what HCS can offer.
- We have developed software for nearly 20 years. We have a extensible graphical library. So it did not take us much time to develop this software. About people develop software, we have some teams, each team solve some specific jobs. I do not know exactly the number of developers have been involved in this project.
- In order to achieve a professional development environment, we have combined both software engineering knowledge and practical experience for years.
- Your question about patent issues, we do not understand your idea? Could you explain that?

We predict that you are developing software, if you don't mind, we can discuss more about this, especially in the field of home automation.

Thanks and best regards,

We predict that you are developing software, if you don't mind, we can discuss more about this, especially in the field of home automation.

=) No predicting required. I have written my own system, but I have no commercial interests. I just ask because I feel bad about my development efforts compared to other applications, but I am just 1 man with a full time job and lots of other projects too. So I get curious about other products and how much effort goes into them. If you product kicks my products ass, but you have 20 full time people working on it, then I don't feel bad. If I find Homeseer was written by one man in 6 months, then I would feel like a horrible developer =(

Anyway, I took a particular interest in your product because it is floorplan based, which is why I developed mine in the first place, since floorplans were sloppy afterthoughts in all other HA apps. Feel free to check out my system, I have made a few videos of parts of it which you can see at www.vcrib.com or search for me on YouTube (vcrib, vaughn, etc).

Do you have any demos of an advanced setup showing the power of your floorplan system? Points of interest would be lighting representation, non-rectangular objects, transparency pixel support, stacked & overlapping objects, etc. Many systems have floorplans which are just blueprints with icons on them, when you look at my system, you will understand what I am after. I am looking for a Sims-like environment that is interactive...

Someday, if I ever release my source, I may be considered a competitor, but now I just consider myself 1 man trying to promote the field and create features that I am interested in. I got tired of seeing $30,000 systems that offered 20 year old features, when I can do the same thing for $300 and some sloppy programming =) You can tell I just love to talk about HA all day too =D

Vaughn
www.vcrib.com

Oh, we have seen your demo on www.vcrib.com for nearly one year. We are very impressive with your floor-plan - 3D style. Very impressive.
If one day, HomeSeer want to move to floorplan-based, I bet they may have to learn from your style.

Regarding my floorplan power, we can help user to create quickly their floors with furniture and electrical appliances. However, we still employ 2D fashion. We cannot release any video demos now but It won't take so long. Please wait till later this year.

Now, we know that only you create that software, we must say you are one of outstanding developers.

Oh, we have seen your demo on www.vcrib.com for nearly one year. We are very impressive with your floor-plan - 3D style.

Very kind of you. I think my videos maybe a little deceptive though, as I do no graphical creation in my apps, and there are no native 3D features. I think, besides your 2D creation tool, our systems probably work very much the same concerning graphics. I use 3rd party graphics apps like Chief Architect or Better Homes and Garden House Designer and Photoshop (Google Sketch in your case). I get the views I want, do a screen capture and import that jpg as the background.

1. So everyone talks about how bad Insteon development was to do. Since you have done Insteon and ZWave, how would you compare the two? Was Zwave easier to code for? Do you have support for Insteon's KeypadLincs and the new PLM?

2. Where is IPT located? Are your offices in the US?

Well thanks again for taking time to keep CocoonTech updated about your product, and the kind words to me =). I look forward to hearing more about the new version as release time nears.

Vaughn

1. So everyone talks about how bad Insteon development was to do. Since you have done Insteon and ZWave, how would you compare the two? Was Zwave easier to code for? Do you have support for Insteon's KeypadLincs and the new PLM?

Please review our article at: http://www.automationvista.com/Board/ShowTopic.aspx?Topic=8
In brief, each technology does have advantages and disadvantages. But it seems that Zwave development efforts are better organized at this point. From our own experience developing products for these protocols, we have to find different ways to increase reliability for each one. Zwave is no exception. It would be hard to say that Zwave development was easier.
We do support KeypadLinc, but we haven't had time to add the new PLM. We do intend to do that in the near future. For now, we will leave that to advanced C# developers to try with our C# scripts. You can see our example of writing interface to serial device here: http://www.automationvista.com/Board/ShowT....aspx?Topic=133
We'll soon post our example of HomeZIX working with PocketPC via TCP/IP socket.

2. Where is IPT located? Are your offices in the US?

Yes. Our headquarter is in Alaska, USA. We have offices in Seattle, Oregon, and Wisconsin, and we have outsourcing offices worldwide.

Back