What did you get for Fathers Day!

Squintz

I got a dwarf Lemon tree so that I can make fresh squeezed lemonade. It only grows to be 5 or 6 feet tall and can remain in a Pot so that you can move it inside during the winter. Pretty cool!

I was hoping for a PCI Modem from HomeSeer but that didnt happen. I guess I will have to make a list for my birthday and X-mas like I did last year.

What did you guys get?

Attachments

• lemon.jpg
    lemon.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 17
Being a Star Wars fan I got 2 t-shirts and my new prized possession: Darth Tater Mr. Potato Head!

20050113_1_bg.jpg

Taking the thread off topic... Was someone actually able to find Darth Tater at MSRP? Do you know where they got it?

By the way, a major disadvantage of LCD monitors is that you can't put Mr. Potato Head (or Darth Tater) on top of them (easily).

I got this from my "rent a kid" next door...

Thank you for always being there for me! I just thought this was the perfect opportunity to tell you how much you mean to me, and how special you are. You have been a very important part of my life since the first day we moved here, and I know you will still be through college and for the rest of my life.

It doesn't get much better than that. :lol:

For my second Dad's day I got a pair of shoes and a pullover shirt. Not very high tech, but probably better than the animal crackers my wife got for Mother's day :lol: Don't think my daughter and I will get away with that one another year...

I was out-of-town for work yesterday, but I got a wake-up call from my daughter who told me "Happy Father's Day". That'll do! :lol:

Camping trip and boating with entire family all day Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Man am I beat.

Hmmm, a lemon tree, bird feeder, clothes, "Darth Tater", what gives? Do I have to hold down the fort here on getting any HA related gifts for Father's Day!? :lol:

I didn't get all of this (purchased parts throughout the year when they were on sale), but I did get the CPU. mother board, CD/DVD Drive and hard drive for Father's Day (at Fry's, they actually had some good sales for a change). :D

BTW, more pics of the system build are HERE. I'm planning on getting a PC Alchemey bundle of the Hauppauge 150MCE and IR Remote and making this a Windows Media Center PC.

Off Topic: Do you think a "How-To" on building a PC would be of any use? There are already so many of them on the net now.

Attachments

• fd_gift.jpg
    fd_gift.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 17
I think a how-to on servers would be of use but there is so much to learn Im not sure it would be possible.

I got this Gas Grill.

Here's a pic:

NSG3902B-closed-LG.jpg

I actually got it a few weeks early, snce the season was already upon us. I've used it 2-3 times/week since.

Very nice grill - I'm drooling just thinking about steaks sizzling on that already ;)

I got no presents or cards but I did get a very nice relaxing day with my family ;)

Back