Haiku What happened to Haiku?

Just my 2 cents on this.  I bought Space pretty much as soon as it came out.  I also have Haiku and HH.  So I definitely support the product.

HOWEVER, one of the largest benefits of Haiku is push notifications from HH to an iOS device.  Since Space can't use HH, by dropping Haiku out of the app store before Space Server has even seen the light of day is insane.

I am in the middle of spec'ing out a new install and had already shown them push notifications.  Now I am going to have to backpedal and figure something out.

I don't see the problem of leaving Haiku in the store until Space AND Space Server are ready.  All you are doing is pissing people off.

neillt said:
Just my 2 cents on this.  I bought Space pretty much as soon as it came out.  I also have Haiku and HH.  So I definitely support the product.

HOWEVER, one of the largest benefits of Haiku is push notifications from HH to an iOS device.  Since Space can't use HH, by dropping Haiku out of the app store before Space Server has even seen the light of day is insane.

I am in the middle of spec'ing out a new install and had already shown them push notifications.  Now I am going to have to backpedal and figure something out.

I don't see the problem of leaving Haiku in the store until Space AND Space Server are ready.  All you are doing is pissing people off.

One option would be to install OpenHAB 1.x and use it for push notifications. There's an HAI/Omnilink plug-in for it that I've been successfully using for a few weeks and my.openhab.org can be used for push notifications. I could quickly list a dozen reasons why you might not want to use it for client work but it does work. You might read lots of stuff about a difficult learning curve for OpenHAB but it only took me a few hours of poking around with it to get it installed and working for my purposes on my Mac Mini. It would easily work to provide push notifications to go with Space.

I'm not a Java programmer and my technical understanding of OpenHAB and Java wouldn't fill more than about a page in a notebook so it didn't really take any technical chops to get working. OpenHAB wasn't my first choice but the only commercial option to Haiku Helper I could find was SnapLink and I couldn't find anything that filled me with confidence it was going to work. Plus I wanted something that would work with a HomeKit app so I could experiment with it as well.

My current thinking is that I'll scrap my OpenHAB solution if and when Space Server shows up as I'm much more comfortable with a commercial solution than an OSS solution that I hardly understand. 

@lupinglade
I have several customers that use Haiku and my HH server. It is a critical and very enjoyed app/service by my customers. We have been using for 3+ years.
Now when my customer loses a phone or wants to add a new user they can't, themselves as you killed Haiku.
My main phone doesn't even have the latest version and it shows up in the store wth a version number yet I can't even download it even though I purchased it. You guys have promised and promised space server and that you would fix Space and Hakiu would remain available. You have done non.

I am now forced to force the app from my computer to the customers devices as I can't get it for them any other way. You have subsequently lost revenue.

I am about to lose substantial revenue as I can no longer offer Haiku and push, critical to my HAI (killed by Leviton), business.

Please bring back Haiku, even in a limited form, and release even a basic Space Server to allow notifications.

Otherwise I have to come up with a totally different solution and stay away from HAI etc in th future, major problem. HAI is a bit of a standard in higher end homes for integration.

All of my existing customers want Haiku and push on all new systems.

Elk has a new cell communicator that is to offer push, maybe where I have to migrate to.

At the same time there is not much likelihood of repalcing all my existing HAI systems and they are being left In the cold, and will lose their much much valued service of Haiku and push. None have even wanted to use Space, it just doesn't hit mark. Please don't act like Microsoft.

I very much appreciated the last Haiku updates. Maybe repost an updated version and charge for it if revenue is an issue around keeping old going and starting new.

I can try space with some customers, yet not until there is a server app, at least basic.

Please respond direct or PM one way or another. This isn't little for many of us and my customers who have much $$ don't mind small fees for updates to keep such service going. I can't easily replace what you have created with Haiku, it's nicely done.

Ps can you add a white/black or theme option to Haiku? Some people didn't like the switch.

I look forward to your response.

lupinglade said:
We have something great coming, but still need some time :) Don't worry, its worth the wait.
There is no waiting if I can't offer the Old anymore and can't get the new you have promised for over a year.

This isn't a game or little app, this is much relied on and valued and with you killing the old and not anywhere close to ready with a replacement. This is poor business.

We bought space and a few others have. We all have Haiku as well and use it.

Please tell us the real truth and please bring back Haiku and HH. As you hear, space is no where near ready prime time. I don't see that happening soon. Don't spend time adding to be new when you killed the old.

Deliver.

lupinglade said:
We have something great coming, but still need some time :) Don't worry, its worth the wait.
Any updates? I'm still using Haiku and the problems with proximity detection are a daily pain in the ass.

I would support this long wait if they are porting an android version as well. But lets be real here, that wont happen. Atleast it will be ready for iOS 18.

I'm looking for an Android app to control my Omni system, and I see that Haiku is gone.  I'd buy it from the developer if it were still available.

If it has been abandoned by the developer, does anyone have a copy of the apk they could send me?

Haiku has never been available on Android, and sadly it no longer is even on ios and that's absurd, since it was hands down the best Hai application for mobile or tablets.
It just needed some improvement that I hoped it would become space. It turned out to be a major disappointment, but I'm still convinced it just needed some little modifications, but nearly 2 years have passed and no news...
That's sad.

Years ago, I used H@me on iOS, and it was great - until the update where they limited functionality on the free version.

I'm using Android now, and I'd like to find something to control my HAI system.  I'm happy to pay, but I can't find anything worth paying for!

dementeddigital said:
Years ago, I used H@me on iOS, and it was great - until the update where they limited functionality on the free version.
I'm still using H@me on IOS (paid version) and it works great.  Not sure that it is still available for new purchases though.

Anthony A. said:
Im using SuperLink on android. Been several years. Works good. Havent seen an update in a really long time though.
Same here.  I've used Superlink for over three years without any issues.  I really don't expect any Superlink updates. It probably never will be updated.

Back